Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 07:35 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,883,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagFan27 View Post
Darn. I thought the title to this thread meant that you were posting some of your photos. I enjoy looking at them as you're a great photographer!
Sorry about that. When I came back to see the replies the first time I thought, "Hmm, not a good name for the thread." However, I will come back and post once I can get up there and get some shots. I'd hoped to make it this weekend but it's just not happening. Maybe next weekend...

Thanks for the compliment. I'm glad you like my photos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2012, 08:01 AM

8,940 posts, read 20,362,856 times
If you are on Facebook, he's on there w/photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagFan27 View Post
Darn. I thought the title to this thread meant that you were posting some of your photos. I enjoy looking at them as you're a great photographer!

Old 01-29-2012, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
If you are on Facebook, he's on there w/photos.
Thanks. I am there Farmer Fotography | Facebook.

Planning on heading over this week sometime to see about getting some shots. Weather should be ok from what I can tell. Want to hit there at twilight. If anyone is interested in coming along, let me know and we'll sync schedules.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:38 AM

232 posts, read 573,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetRick View Post
Thanks. I am there Farmer Fotography | Facebook.

Planning on heading over this week sometime to see about getting some shots. Weather should be ok from what I can tell. Want to hit there at twilight. If anyone is interested in coming along, let me know and we'll sync schedules.
I'd be interested! If you let me know when you're headed over there, I'll see what I can do to meet up with you, would love to meet up and see your skills in action!

Old 01-31-2012, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skooba View Post
I'd be interested! If you let me know when you're headed over there, I'll see what I can do to meet up with you, would love to meet up and see your skills in action!
I'll figure it out and keep everyone posted here. I'm thinking sometime in the evening, just have to figure out which day.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:12 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,505,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetRick View Post
I'll figure it out and keep everyone posted here. I'm thinking sometime in the evening, just have to figure out which day.
The sun sets at about 1800 HRS (6 PM) everyday this and next week and you may want to include rush hour traffic into your equation, as Arlington is very crowded at rush hour. A Saturday would probably be the best day of all, no rush hour traffic to contend with. The Lonnie Wurm boat ramp is in a good neighborhood in Arlington so no worries there even after sunset.

The park at the north end is right under the bridge so it would be hard to get full photo's of the bridge from there.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
The sun sets at about 1800 HRS (6 PM) everyday this and next week and you may want to include rush hour traffic into your equation, as Arlington is very crowded at rush hour. A Saturday would probably be the best day of all, no rush hour traffic to contend with. The Lonnie Wurm boat ramp is in a good neighborhood in Arlington so no worries there even after sunset.

The park at the north end is right under the bridge so it would be hard to get full photo's of the bridge from there.
I'm with you on all of that. Just not sure when I'll have time on a Saturday to do it.

My initial trip is more to get some quick shots and check what angles I have available to me as well as the background. But I'll have my gear to shoot with.

I may take a ride that way today to get an idea of where everything is and then plan an evening this week. I'll keep everyone posted so we can do a little get together.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:47 PM

Alright, so I checked out the Dames Point Park. A bit too close to be able to get the kind of shot i'm looking for.

I went a little farther and found a good spot, unfortunately, it all seems to be peoples' yards. I'm thinking about maybe stopping by there on the weekend (if I have time) and asking them if it would be alright for me and a couple of other people to come and shoot the bridge from their yard. I'd promise them a large print (assuming I get something good ) for their troubles.

I came back to the Southern approach looking for another spot. Found great spots off Fort Caroline but, again, all residential yards. I did, however, find a little area which I could walk down which had some wild orange trees and got a few oranges even if I didn't find a good spot for photos. So it wasn't a total loss...

I have to look for some of the other places you guys suggested. There has to be a good spot. Looking for angles like these:

1)

2)

3)
http://www.tobygant.com/img/s2/v1/p275065557-3.jpg (broken link)

Thanks.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:36 PM

838 posts, read 1,875,978 times
Good shots so far ... looking forward to more

Old 02-01-2012, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkerclassof72 View Post
Good shots so far ... looking forward to more
Thanks but those weren't my shots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville