Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 01:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,823 times

Advertisements

I currently live in new jersey and I am seriously considering moving to Jacksonville, Florida. I have quite a bit of family there, but I would like to know about which areas are best to live in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 01:40 PM

615 posts, read 1,713,670 times
Depends on what you're looking for...good schools, close to the beach, walkability, close to work...

There are a lot of "good" areas depending on your needs.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:29 PM

206 posts, read 574,188 times
HI I am relocating from NY to St Augustine...looking for suggestions for movers (am considering using a relocube) Also I need to transport my Jeep..thanks to all

Old 02-22-2012, 07:03 AM

1,008 posts, read 2,636,322 times
I hired a large truck drove and at the other end hired extra hands Much cheaper

Old 02-22-2012, 09:46 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,282,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee1974 View Post
I currently live in new jersey and I am seriously considering moving to Jacksonville, Florida. I have quite a bit of family there, but I would like to know about which areas are best to live in.
Here's my favorite neighboods in Jacksonville, in no particular order:

Ortega

Exploring Ortega | Metro Jacksonville

Old Ortega Historic District | Metro Jacksonville

Springfield historic district

www.myspringfield.org

Springfield Preservation and Revitalization (SPAR) - Community/Government - Jacksonville, FL | Facebook

San Marco

www.smpsjax.com

www.mysanmarco.com

Riverside & Avondale historic district

www.riverside-avondale.com

(Riverside)

(Avondale)

Murray Hill

http://murrayhillneighbors.com/wp/

These are all historic, unique, and eclectic neighborhoods. Some are more gentrified than others, while some have always been the most prestigious neighborhoods in the city. They all have a lot of parks and are family-friendly, embrace the arts and creative class, are close to the River, and most are very walkable/bikeable. These popular neighborhoods are 1-8 miles from Downtown, depending which.

I have a lot of info on them - just ask.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:08 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,322,190 times
Quote:
Apartment, condominium, or house? Budget?

Old 02-22-2012, 03:19 PM

870 posts, read 2,181,025 times
Why not just ask your family?

Old 02-22-2012, 03:43 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,885,307 times
Quote:
Where in NJ? I made the move down from Clifton about a year and a half ago.

I would say, if you want to get away from NJ-like traffic, stay away from Orange Park. It's a great area with lots to offer but one of the things being offered is traffic similar to what you get in NJ.

That's about my only comment on where (not) to live.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:54 AM

2 posts, read 2,873 times
Default Nice-HELP

Loved your info.... could u offer ur feedback.. We narrowed down our retirement areas to Peachtree City GA and JAX (although don't know much about JAX we have family).. We are a young kinda' but looking to retire couple in the next couple of yrs. We're looking for a SMALL house in a SAFE, walkable neighborhood, with lots of shops farmer markets, breweries, PET FRIENDLY... We were looking at Nocatee and such but since we don't have kids all their amenities and fees seem useless to us.... any ideas?

Old 07-07-2013, 12:42 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,905,940 times
OMG I lived in that white house in Avondale. WTH are the odds of THAT?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville