Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 08:46 PM

10 posts, read 13,808 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me what the price range is for homes in Durbin Crossing North? How much square footage should a buyer expect for the price? Are there waterfront lots available in the Durbin North area? I am interested in a waterfront (lake view) home with a pool and at least a 2 car garage, what price range should I expect to pay for that type of home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 05:08 AM

232 posts, read 574,049 times
It really depends on the square footage. You can build new in North for 200k - 400k. When you say lake, I hope you mean retention pond, because that's all you'll get. The per sqft price can easily range from $80/sqft up to $150/sqft depending on what kind of upgrades you do.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:47 AM

410 posts, read 602,412 times
The largest and best lots in durbin north are almost all sold. I know that Dreamfinders opened a new section in DC North but the lots are pretty small (53' feet), and even with that they are selling like hotcakes, and prices start in the 240K's for those lots. If you want to build in DC North on nice size lot (73-83' feet) you'd better get over there soon, and expect to pay somewhere from 350K-500K. And no, I'm not some schill from one of the buiilders, those are just the facts.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:37 AM

Actually the lots on that street are 63'. They are currently in Phase I, and Phase II will also include 63' lots. However, Phase III, which Dreamfinders doesn't even own the lots, are the 53' sized lots.

You're definitely right that they are selling fast. DF even increased the price $5k across the board and they are still selling like crazy.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:32 AM

10 posts, read 13,808 times
We will be visiting St. John's County this month. We are planning on checking out Durbin Crossing and Nocatee. Are there any other planned communities in that area that we should check out while in the area? We are looking for a well maintained and safe community to raise out 2 children age 11 and 12. Will it be possible for us to obtain sufficient information about Durbin Crossing and Nocatee on our own by visiting the sales centers or would we need a local realtor in order to properly investigate the area? We are not looking to waste the time of a local realtor since we are not at the purchasing point in our search yet. We are just trying to become well informed consumers at this point.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:48 AM

You could get most of that information from this board.

What is your price range and what are you looking for in a house?

Old 02-28-2013, 12:13 PM

82 posts, read 153,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts and Figures View Post
We will be visiting St. John's County this month. We are planning on checking out Durbin Crossing and Nocatee. Are there any other planned communities in that area that we should check out while in the area? We are looking for a well maintained and safe community to raise out 2 children age 11 and 12. Will it be possible for us to obtain sufficient information about Durbin Crossing and Nocatee on our own by visiting the sales centers or would we need a local realtor in order to properly investigate the area? We are not looking to waste the time of a local realtor since we are not at the purchasing point in our search yet. We are just trying to become well informed consumers at this point.

Aberdeen, which is a few miles west of Durbin Crossing is also worth looking at.

Additionally, St. Johns Forest and Johns Creek are 2 other neighborhoods near Durbin Crossing that also have new construction. Both of these neighborhoods are building their final phases and will be fully built out well before Durbin Crossing, Aberdeen, and especially Nocatee.

A few miles south of Nocatee off of US 1 is Las Calinas, which has a lot of new construction going on.

Glen St. Johns and Sandy Creek are also nearby and have new construction, though you don't hear either of these neighborhoods mentioned much on this forum.

In far Western St. Johns County there is Rivertown, the Colony, Ashley Oaks and quite a few other new construction areas, but all of these will have longer commutes to downtown St. Augustine and downtown Jacksonville.

All (or almost all) of the above-mentioned communities are zoned for outstanding elementary, middle and high schools.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:44 PM

285 posts, read 606,442 times
My top two choices were Durbin Crossing North and Nocatee as well. For us, it came down to this...

Nocatee: better ammenities but further away from everything
Durbin Crossing: smaller pool, etc. but closer to everything

We chose Durbin Crossing and we LOVE it here, it's just paradise for kids, the place is literally crawling with them.

Our house has every upgrade you could imagine, and we built with Dreamfinders. When you're here just make sure you drive around a lot, get a good feel for your proximity to things. If you have any specific questions, feel free to post them.

Last edited by Marka; 03-07-2013 at 09:01 AM..

Old 04-03-2013, 11:21 AM

1,171 posts, read 2,161,211 times
DurbinCrossing.com ~ New Homes St. Johns County, Amenities St. Johns County, St. Johns County new home builders, St. Johns County Real Estate

While the site isnt incredibly informative, it at least gives the names and websites of all the builders which is typically a lot more up to date.

Everything is selling quicker than they can open the lots and prices are increasing at a similar clip. Most of the build-out with the larger lots 73-83 ft are gone and the new sections opening are 53-63. There are a handful of spec homes sitting for sale with several of the builders on larger lots but the prices are high and you are of course stuck with whatever upgrades they chose for you.

The specific builder websites will show those. Providence and Drees keep their inventory and prices pretty current on their site. They both have spec homes available, Drees has 3 I believe right now. 2 on the North side and 1 on the South side.

I've always found the Dream Finders website quite lacking, but the floorplans are on there and people seem to love the homes they build as they seem a little less cookie-cutter and have interesting design, at least from the outside. I believe they are somewhat less expensive than Providence/Drees as well.

The neighborhood is indeed overrun with young children, they are absolutely everywhere, include my own So you better like kids, and please SLOW DOWN when you drive through our neighborhood. The random pizza delivery flunkies and out of towners dont realize how many children are darting out of the shadows at all hours.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:22 AM

Dream Finders just increased their prices $6k across the board this past Monday, fyi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville