Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2014, 06:52 AM

35 posts, read 49,613 times

Advertisements

Hi,
We have been strongly thinking about nocatee. We loved it during our last 2 visits. Relocating from RI and have been looking at willocove and greenleaf. Is there an advantange of one vs. Another? We have an only child. 10 year old boy. This would be a huge move for him...so obviously want to make the best choice.
Thanks for any tips!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 08:07 AM

117 posts, read 246,270 times
I love living in Willowcove! There are tons of boys his age here so he'd make lots of friends very quickly! I like being close to the pool, gym and Publix. Plus the lots are mostly larger sized ones which make it feel more 'spread out'. Did you like one builder over another/one floorplan over the rest? That would be the deciding factor for me. Good luck with your search! It all comes down to which area feels like "home".

Old 01-23-2014, 08:44 AM

Thank you lisa! We were leaning toward willocove because it did seem to be a bit more spreadout and larger lots. Coming from from the northeast, we are just used to a lot of land. Dont get me wrong, it will be a relief to have a lot less to take care of.
Timing is tough that we want to be in so our son can start school in Aug. Fingers crossed. We seem to be leaning towars David Weekly.
Also, any idea as to what other stores, etc. Are coming to the town center?
Your comment about many children my son's age is very encouraging.
Thanks so much!

Old 01-23-2014, 09:14 AM

117 posts, read 246,270 times
We moved here from NY a little over a year ago...kids love it too. They are getting a gas station and convenience type store in October I believe. Not sure what's coming next. Honestly, it's not that big of a deal. Shopping isn't that far away - you can get anywhere within 20 minutes. Let me know if you have any other questions about the neighborhood. Good luck!

Old 01-24-2014, 10:52 AM

Thanks again! Yes, we noticed that shopping wasn't a big deal. There seemed to be a lot of stores on the way to PV. which builder did you go with? How old are your children? Also, relocating from NY, are you happy with the school system? I have been so impressed with everything I have read about the st. John county school system. Just hearing feom an "insider" would be helpful. I know we can't make a ton of "visits" before we make this big family decision. So, your insight is helpful!
Thank you!
FF
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville