Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 04:38 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

surferr
on your way home from the rents just make a right turn on 4 then left on 95 and "oops" "lookie here" we are passing Jacksonville lets stop in for a bit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 05:38 PM

93 posts, read 287,669 times
Hi Karla with a K

Just might do that, left on 95 huh?
Kim has to get back to Navy-ing on the 26th. if i can talk her into an overnight we will leave the rents 1 day early. We are planning an exploratory trip this summer. And Heck between you and Reveree I feel like i know jax intimately.
Snowing and sleeting today. 95 through the city is shut down Lovely....

Old 02-13-2008, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferr View Post
Snowing and sleeting today. 95 through the city is shut down Lovely....
this is why I live here

rainy today but looks like I will be mowing the lawn tomorrow
yup February and the stuff is still green and growing

The blossoms on the citrus trees I just bought smell so good

let us know we may be able to get some of the PPP together

Old 02-13-2008, 01:06 PM

1,641 posts, read 5,025,755 times
I had to do the commute between Tampa & Jax for about 1 1/2 years. Coming from Naples, I would take 75 until you get into Ocala, and off at SR326, just a short hop East and pick up 301N to I10E to Jax. 4 is just abominable, and 95 isn't much better. 75 has truckers forever, but I always got to Jax at least 30-45Minutes earlier, and sometimes more. Too much construction on 4 & 95.

Just My Opinion of course.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:08 PM

that might be even better
that way you can tell her you are "sightseeing"

Old 02-16-2008, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
this is why I live here

rainy today but looks like I will be mowing the lawn tomorrow
yup February and the stuff is still green and growing

The blossoms on the citrus trees I just bought smell so good

let us know we may be able to get some of the PPP together
----------------------------------------------------------
Hi K
Sunny & in the high 20s this AM. Supposed to rain for 3 days starting this afternoon.

230 days till we are out of Filthy. Teflon is my new attitude. So very much looking forward to Sawgrass/PVB, sunshine, clean streets, people with smiles, & not looking suspiciously around every time I'm out.
Need my coffee

The house is going on the market in a couple of weeks.
Unfortunately none of the yards flowers or plants have started showing yet so brown is the dominant landscape. Sounds like your enjoying the fruits of Florida, Lucky....
I hope you have a wonderful weekend and get outside and enjoy some for me.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agreatlife View Post
I had to do the commute between Tampa & Jax for about 1 1/2 years. Coming from Naples, I would take 75 until you get into Ocala, and off at SR326, just a short hop East and pick up 301N to I10E to Jax. 4 is just abominable, and 95 isn't much better. 75 has truckers forever, but I always got to Jax at least 30-45Minutes earlier, and sometimes more. Too much construction on 4 & 95.

Just My Opinion of course.
---------------------------
hi greatlife
my parents live in Naples for 1/2 the year so that commute you described will be our holiday ride. It sounds like a tough commute for a daily grind. You were truly a road warrior. Makes my wifes (future) commute from Sawgrass to OP a cakewalk.
Thanks for the input

Old 02-16-2008, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
that might be even better
that way you can tell her you are "sightseeing"
we've been married 18 years and she sees through me like Carabbean water.
She won't even look at the houses I've been looking at online until July so doubt she will let me "sightsee" down the end of JTB.

Big weekend down your neck of the woods. Daytona Raceweek show any overflow to PVB? Or is it too far? St Aug might feel a bit...

Old 02-16-2008, 06:58 AM

surferr
you could always throw in some pansy's for some winter color
might hit 70 here today and 76 here tomorrow

We will see some traffic from the race

Old 02-16-2008, 08:31 PM

19 posts, read 77,295 times
Quick tip, but not sure it will help...take a look at the Clay County Commissioners plan for Lake Asbury area. There is a highway that will eventually be put in there and may be helpful for your commute.
We are military in OP and LOVE the environment here. Very open to military, no problems with schools, shops, etc. There is enough diversity that it's not a 'military town' nor a non--so that's great. We plan to retire here as my husband is on his retirement tour. Also, the base golf course is beautiful (according to my father in law), the base has a hospital, commissary, exchange and food court that is easy to reach and use. The hangers have amenities for barber as well. I think there may be a boat dock, but am not certain. There is a Navy Federal right off base and the Hwy17 runs right alongside. It's a nice base with alot to offer, which draws alot of retirees! The best part thought could be that as retired mil. you could use your Space A easily out of the NAS base.
Best regards,
Christa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville