Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 06:12 AM

9,406 posts, read 8,379,537 times

Advertisements

Julington Lakes does not have a CDD fee but I'm guessing their HOA fees are high. JL is a brand new community still being built, whereas Durbin Crossing is almost all built out now except for some townhomes and some smaller homes/lots across from Patriot Oaks Academy. I don't know much about Celestina except that it looks like more of the same type of neighborhood that is pervasive in this area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2017, 02:51 PM

52 posts, read 85,951 times
Nocatee is fantastic. There are a lot of resales right now and i know our david weekley is 5 months to build. Have you considered renting while you build? I can give you our realtors name if you need someone, she lives here in nocatee.

Old 05-10-2017, 02:58 PM

42 posts, read 65,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffettjd View Post
Does anyone know anything about Celestina, Durbin Crossing or Julington Lakes? They seem to be more convenient to shopping. We do plan to come down but will be on limited time with our schools being in session through most of June. We have to narrow it down to a couple communities before then since we'll only have the weekend.
You will get a lot more bang for your buck west of 95. You need to decide if paying a premium for a Nocatee home is what you want, IMO. Good luck.

Old 05-10-2017, 03:20 PM

662 posts, read 869,050 times
We chose Nocatee knowing we could have gotten 'more' house further west. I was willing to take 'less' and stay in the price range. Not sure what I sacrificed though....Guess I could have gotten a large preserve lot on a cul-di-sac instead of a 60'. location won for us

Old 05-11-2017, 06:00 AM

Why is Nocatee in a better location for you? Just curious as there is really not much at all in the immediate area other than the businesses located in the development itself. Is it proximity to Mickler's Beach?

Old 05-11-2017, 06:32 AM

43 posts, read 80,393 times
Hi! Thanks everyone for the replies. I really don't know how this website works and for some reason it doesn't notify me when someone responds to my post. I have to go in and find my message and check. So I apologize for the delayed response.

We decided to stick with Nocatee. That community and its amenities are what drew us to the area. I understand it may not be that convenient and we may be able to get more for our money elsewhere. But we want the pools, trails, EVPs, social events, fitness center, town center, etc. I guess we bought into the Nocatee Lifestyle. And my husband really wants a golf cart, ha ha ha.

We are going to build in the Outlook with David Weekly. Good luck to everyone! Thank you!

Old 05-11-2017, 07:30 AM

6,430 posts, read 4,922,941 times
Good choice. David Weekley has an excellent reputation. 2 things to keep in mind. Its worth it to have someone professionally inspect the house as its being built and its also worth it to get advice from someone who knows what they are doing when it comes to picking upgrades. Best to have a realtor that knows construction. Good luck.

Old 05-11-2017, 07:42 AM

662 posts, read 869,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Why is Nocatee in a better location for you? Just curious as there is really not much at all in the immediate area other than the businesses located in the development itself. Is it proximity to Mickler's Beach?
I am a surfer and being closer to the beach is important. Mickler's though is not my favorite weekend beach location. It was once one of my favorites but it has gotten way too crowded. Another factor was what Nocatee offers compared to other CDD communities. Paying a CDD is obviously tough to swallow for many so when I compare the major master planned communities with each other, it just seemed more 'worth it' paying the CDD at Nocatee. River Town, Shearwater etc all have a lot to offer and I know they are newer and need time to grow but Nocatee seems to constantly prove that they are growing the right way and going above and beyond to reinforce the choice to move here.

I know the shopping is still limited here and as for 'location', you are right it is still smack in the middle of what used to be woods and a two lane road.

Top priorities for us were schools so anything in North St Johns was a candidate and should be for others too. We spent 18 months searching, visiting neighborhoods and models, calculating pros and cons etc...

Old 05-11-2017, 07:58 AM

Looks like you'll be getting another brand new school in the area too. It's hard to believe since Nocatee broke ground several years ago, but Nocatee is still nowhere near fully built out. I suspect more businesses will be moving to that area assuming the developers made additional commercial space.

Old 05-11-2017, 08:39 AM

52 posts, read 85,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromicide View Post
I am a surfer and being closer to the beach is important. Mickler's though is not my favorite weekend beach location. It was once one of my favorites but it has gotten way too crowded. Another factor was what Nocatee offers compared to other CDD communities. Paying a CDD is obviously tough to swallow for many so when I compare the major master planned communities with each other, it just seemed more 'worth it' paying the CDD at Nocatee. River Town, Shearwater etc all have a lot to offer and I know they are newer and need time to grow but Nocatee seems to constantly prove that they are growing the right way and going above and beyond to reinforce the choice to move here.

I know the shopping is still limited here and as for 'location', you are right it is still smack in the middle of what used to be woods and a two lane road.

Top priorities for us were schools so anything in North St Johns was a candidate and should be for others too. We spent 18 months searching, visiting neighborhoods and models, calculating pros and cons etc...

My husband also surfs. R u part of the nocatee surf group? If so you know me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: