Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 08:12 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,448,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewartk View Post
All of the areas named are very nice. The only thing about San Marco is when it rains. It floods in that area.

San Marco is a big area. There was one small section (a few blocks) of San Marco that used to flood but the new pumping station that was completed 3 years ago took care of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 08:47 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,275,366 times

Old 01-27-2010, 08:56 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,275,366 times
San Marco lies on the Southbank of the River. Almost completely gentrifed and revitalized, it's one of the most well-respected, trendy neighborhoods. Located in the "urban core", it can have a much more suburbish feel in places as well. It's a semi-historic district that mixes very large homes with plenty of bungalows and apartments. Homes here can go from 150k to Millions, depending on the location and condition. Of course you can walk to various parks, dining, cafes, the arts, botiques, etc and it borders the river as well.

Walkable neighborhood: Homes with 'walkability' command higher premium | Jacksonville.com

San Marco Square Photo Tour Neighborhoods | Metro Jacksonville
San Marco Photo Tour Neighborhoods | Metro Jacksonville
Walking in San Marco Neighborhoods | Metro Jacksonville

San Marco's predominant neighborhood orgianzation: San Marco Preservation Society

These area few realty companies that specialize in the historic, urban core areas:

- Traditions Realty
- Atkinson Realty Group, Inc.
- Local agent who speiclaizes in the urban core areas: www.intownjacksonville.com

Old 01-27-2010, 01:39 PM

64 posts, read 225,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu813 View Post
San Marco lies on the Southbank of the River. Almost completely gentrifed and revitalized, it's one of the most well-respected, trendy neighborhoods. Located in the "urban core", it can have a much more suburbish feel in places as well. It's a semi-historic district that mixes very large homes with plenty of bungalows and apartments. Homes here can go from 150k to Millions, depending on the location and condition. Of course you can walk to various parks, dining, cafes, the arts, botiques, etc and it borders the river as well.

Walkable neighborhood: Homes with 'walkability' command higher premium | Jacksonville.com

San Marco Square Photo Tour Neighborhoods | Metro Jacksonville
San Marco Photo Tour Neighborhoods | Metro Jacksonville
Walking in San Marco Neighborhoods | Metro Jacksonville

San Marco's predominant neighborhood orgianzation: San Marco Preservation Society

These area few realty companies that specialize in the historic, urban core areas:

- Traditions Realty
- Atkinson Realty Group, Inc.
- Local agent who speiclaizes in the urban core areas: www.intownjacksonville.com

This information is great! I booked my vacation and staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in San Marco. I'm so excited to check out the whole area.
Thank you for all the great info!!!

Old 01-31-2010, 04:47 PM

118 posts, read 408,543 times
I would check out Nocatee and Durbin Crossing/Julington Creek areas while you're here. I moved from Duval to St. Johns County due to the public schools (can't afford private) and family oriented communities. I live in the World Golf Village area and really like it here, but the amenities and outdoor activities are drawing me to Nocatee. I will probably move to either Nocatee or Durbin Crossing within the next 3 to 4 years. I liked San Marco, but did not want the upkeep of an older home.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:35 AM

64 posts, read 225,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspenc8888 View Post
I would check out Nocatee and Durbin Crossing/Julington Creek areas while you're here. I moved from Duval to St. Johns County due to the public schools (can't afford private) and family oriented communities. I live in the World Golf Village area and really like it here, but the amenities and outdoor activities are drawing me to Nocatee. I will probably move to either Nocatee or Durbin Crossing within the next 3 to 4 years. I liked San Marco, but did not want the upkeep of an older home.
This is very helpful. I've heard about both of these areas...although they look great online it's hard to tell until I see it in person. The feedback on this board helps me to get a better idea of how the locals feel about it. THANK YOU!

Old 02-02-2010, 09:54 AM

10 posts, read 15,932 times
Lavilla is a fantastic school of the arts. Since she's 9 she's still got some time to practice and audition. It would probably be the best place for her if you guys would be interested in that sort of thing. Everything, most of the good stuff, will be going on at the Jacoby Concert Hall. The JSO plays there and tons of different musicals and shows pass through. This link should help you out Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra - Jacksonville, Florida (http://www.jaxsymphony.org/about/jacoby/index.php - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville