Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 01:19 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,099,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Or meticulous was a code word... /cue conspiracy music.
My code word for being detail oriented.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 01:22 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,036,359 times
Quote:
Or meticulous was a code word... /cue conspiracy music.
I'm quite sure Yaz said it with a more "upbeat", happy, positive tone, then the others who gave their "coded" responses.

I'm also sure "meticulous" wasn't all he said and he didn't even like dude.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:22 PM

21,886 posts, read 25,201,372 times
Or as I think you said, overly detail-oriented to the point of just being slow. But hey, they might not catch onto that =D

Old 03-09-2013, 01:25 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
And it didn't kill you to say some positive things did it?

Who knows how that person is today and you brought great joy to his life by helping him get employed.

Hopefully, the karma will be returned to you. Thankfully, there are more people like you and me in the world (I'd like to believe) than what I've been reading here.
He got fired.

I used to work for that company and I encouraged him to apply. My old boss called to ask about him and I gave him a glowing recommendation, IMHO.

He was there for 2 years so I s'pose he did some things right.

I contacted this old boss of mine for a reference with my current position; he never responded.

My background check only revealed title and dates.

Fine with me.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:26 PM

21,886 posts, read 25,201,372 times
So karma did come back on you. Glad it didn't hurt you for lying to get the poor guy a job. I wouldn't have done it, but it was a nice if, just in my opinion, misplaced gesture on your part.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:28 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Or as I think you said, overly detail-oriented to the point of just being slow. But hey, they might not catch onto that =D
They did after 2 years...see previous post.

I'll give references as long as they're not axe murderers during their spare time.....not everyone is gonna like me, and I certainly understand and expect it.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:29 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,036,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
He needed work.

Period.

If he was putting crap in the work kitchen oven or fridge, I would've ignored any reference requests.

OMG!! I'm dying over here!

Old 03-09-2013, 01:30 PM
YAZ

Quote:
So karma did come back on you. Glad it didn't hurt you for lying to get the poor guy a job. I wouldn't have done it, but it was a nice if, just in my opinion, misplaced gesture on your part.
A small price to pay to help somebody......it didn't hurt me at all.....just didn't help me.

No big deal.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:33 PM
YAZ

Quote:
OMG!! I'm dying over here!
He's a great worker but has bad restroom etiquette.

WTH does THAT mean?

Code for check the fridge daily......

Old 03-09-2013, 01:33 PM

831 posts, read 1,966,381 times
Quote:
Even if it is illegal (and I don't personally know that it is, I'll just take your word for it), I still would NOT sign something like that. No way.

As we can tell from reading the pitiful responses in this thread, you really do NOT know the people you think you call "friend" or who they truly are on the "inside".

Never, ever would I sign something like this. Never.
Of course you can't sign away your rights, I learned that while living in NY. That is not a widely held concept in NC though, and I am receiving these forms from companies that have holdings in other states, including New England. They are basing their applications HERE on what they can get away with HERE.

However, since you have no choice but to sign it or the offer/ job interview/ whatever courtship dance you want to call it at this point will not proceed unless you do, essentially you may very well have a judge say to you (if it gets to that stage) "well you signed that paper." There is obviously something in NC's laws that is permitting this waiver to stick if it is being so widely distributed here.

Offers are not proceeding past that point if you don't sign that ridiculous "waiver."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search