Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 01:41 PM

1,626 posts, read 3,899,263 times

Advertisements

So I applied to this job that I really want and perfectly qualified for( late May). 11 days later the job is no longer listed (June).

3 weeks after that ( early July) someone from the HR department sends me an email, a personal one, saying that I needed to complete an application that I had not finished ( I started a second application with the company but wasn't sure if it interested me or it was too advanced so I stopped filling it out online).

The HR person also asked if I had any other additional questions about the initial job I applied to. I did I emailed this gentlemen back asking some questions etc. It has been about 10 days and have not heard another peep from the company, no rejection letter and the job has not still been re-listed.

Now what keep waiting? is this a good sign? I have no idea, I mean I'd like to think they would answer my question. Or perhaps are they just seeing if I'm interested in job still and they are still working on things?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 01:52 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,773,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
So I applied to this job that I really want and perfectly qualified for( late May). 11 days later the job is no longer listed (June).

3 weeks after that ( early July) someone from the HR department sends me an email, a personal one, saying that I needed to complete an application that I had not finished ( I started a second application with the company but wasn't sure if it interested me or it was too advanced so I stopped filling it out online).

The HR person also asked if I had any other additional questions about the initial job I applied to. I did I emailed this gentlemen back asking some questions etc. It has been about 10 days and have not heard another peep from the company, no rejection letter and the job has not still been re-listed.

Now what keep waiting? is this a good sign? I have no idea, I mean I'd like to think they would answer my question. Or perhaps are they just seeing if I'm interested in job still and they are still working on things?
If you want the job, just follow through showing interest by finishing the application. If you are not interested, then apply to other jobs.

If you waiting for them to contact you because they did not respond to your earlier email, simply resend an email as a reminder, a follow up about once a week or so is a good rule of thumb as an applicant. People in the hiring process sometimes forget and get quite busy so an unanswered email.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:55 PM

I did, I finished the application for that one job. I responded to the email as requested by asking questions of the other job( the main one that I applied to)

I have heard nothing after 10 days, now what is it normal for them to take this long and suddenly disappear?

Old 07-09-2013, 02:01 PM

23,543 posts, read 24,041,250 times
The hiring process can sometimes take months.

Quote:
I did, I finished the application for that one job. I responded to the email as requested by asking questions of the other job( the main one that I applied to)

I have heard nothing after 10 days, now what is it normal for them to take this long and suddenly disappear?

Old 07-09-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
The hiring process can sometimes take months.
I'm sure, but would keep them taking so long? but my application has the option to send an email when no longer selected. I have not got that yet

Do I just keep waiting is this normal? other jobs I have had it usually has taken much quicker

Old 07-09-2013, 03:42 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,773,006 times
Quote:
I'm sure, but would keep them taking so long? but my application has the option to send an email when no longer selected. I have not got that yet

Do I just keep waiting is this normal? other jobs I have had it usually has taken much quicker
It varies a lot. Most times you never even hear back anything, if they no longer even consider you for a position.

Old 07-09-2013, 04:09 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,988,469 times
Quote:
So I applied to this job...
Now what keep waiting?

Got off of email.
Phone at least... make an appointment to meet if you can.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Got off of email.
Phone at least... make an appointment to meet if you can.
I can't call HR is one place the job is in another. It feels awkward

Old 07-09-2013, 11:38 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
Now what? Continue with your job search as though nothing happened -- nothing did.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Now what? Continue with your job search as though nothing happened -- nothing did.
True, but I can't understand why they email me to see if I have any questions I do and then they don't reply is this normal for HR?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search