Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 02:01 PM

4,003 posts, read 6,113,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockthecasbah121 View Post
I own a website that gets paid from Amazon, Ebay, Google affiliates, etc..., and I would never claim I work for them or even say I receive a paycheck from them. Amazon and I are splitting the profit from the traffic I drove to their site. The problem is the skills you used in making money from google adsense is nothing like the skills you would have had you actually been working for google. Most of the places contacting you are going to recognize immediately that you do not have google-worthy skills, which may either lead them to check on your credentials or just not consider you for the job. Also, in the tech-field, word will spread very quick that you're a liar and any career you might have had going will be finished.
i get what your saying but you dont know my skillsetm ive worked in media buying online ad analytics and also for companies who compile marketing data based on web research. I could bs a skillset to an employer. I probably couldnt get into google but i could bs someone i to thinking i worked for google
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 04:01 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,750,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlemagic View Post
i get what your saying but you dont know my skillsetm ive worked in media buying online ad analytics and also for companies who compile marketing data based on web research. I could bs a skillset to an employer. I probably couldnt get into google but i could bs someone i to thinking i worked for google
You might be able to do so.... for a limited time period. But eventually (and it might take hours, it might take a few weeks or longer), the truth would come out.

The most important thing my grandfather ever taught me was about the value of my own integrity. Something to think about . . .

Old 03-31-2014, 08:02 PM

639 posts, read 1,074,260 times
You can fire someone for lying on his resume. If he sues you will win, so what is stopping you?

There are various ways they can find out. They can contact the prior employer if they get suspicious. Or they might confront the employee and ask questions which the employee won't be able answer satisfactorily, in which case they will probably keep digging until they find out the truth. Or the employee might accidentally even admit it somehow.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:34 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,574,057 times
Who would you out as your supervisor or manager from google if you had to fill out ann application?

Old 03-31-2014, 08:43 PM

615 posts, read 1,384,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlemagic View Post
Okay, so a while back while I was laid off I was focusing a lot of my time and effort on sum niche blogs I run. I was making a fairly decent income from Google adwords. Now technically I'm not an employee for Google but do get a paycheck from them. I put on linked in I was working for Google and man did the job offers start rolling in, previous colleages and random people, very impressed with my experience at Google want me to come in for an interview. Now granted most would probably do a reference check but as many companies I was contacted by are small startups where it was a previous colleague who contacted me I think I probably could have landed some jobs without ever being caught so to speak. Now technically I wasn't lying as I was getting a check from google just as a 1099 contractor and not an employee so to speak.
I wonder how full of it this guy is.

He claims to earned over $10,000 a month with his own business, yet works for barely above minimum wage at another job just for benefits.

Now we find out this guy is a internet marketer.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:57 PM

137 posts, read 199,999 times
Take it off your profile. You could potentially damage any chances you have of getting a job now and in the future. Google isn't some small no name business. That's dangerous. Word gets around in industry circles and companies will blacklist you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search