Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 08:37 AM

21 posts, read 11,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaMan View Post
I know it sounds tempting but I would not go. These days it's not worth the effort. The chance this is a good legitimate opportunity is <1%. I've been there and done that. You are going to arrive and probably the people who are going to interview you do not even know they are supposed to meet with you tomorrow. Give up and Move on.
I still have to go since I am receiving unemployment and I cannot reject a job offer especially since I was told I have an interview, what is the point of telling me I am scheduled for an interview on Tuesday at 6 am and he told me the plant number also, I had to look up the address because there are 2 of them where I live, now I know the address, I just don't know the name of the person who will interview me and what building to go to so I will go to the front building and if nobody is there at that time then I will go to the gate and tell them I have I have an interview, and if it turns out the person cancelled my interview(for whatever reason) without even telling me then at least I tried. What is the point of telling me I have an interview and then cancelling it without even telling me? He knows he gave me enough information to go to the interview so that's why I am going to go. And why wouldn't he just update the status of my application on the website to not selected since they can do that. After he called me my application status changed from under consideration to interview underway and it still says interview underway. He had 2 chances of telling me not to go to the interview and he didn't. That's why I will go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2018, 05:30 AM

I went to the interview today. I went to the security gate and he told me the supervisor was expecting me at the other side of the building. I was on time. I wasn't interviewed by that supervisor because he or she was out today and instead was interviewed by another supervisor and 2 others.... so I was right to show up. The security guard even repeated my name and said the supervisor was expecting me for the interview.... If I listened to you guys I would have missed the interview.

Old 05-01-2018, 06:56 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,988,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSNT View Post
I went to the interview today. I went to the security gate and he told me the supervisor was expecting me at the other side of the building. I was on time. I wasn't interviewed by that supervisor because he or she was out today and instead was interviewed by another supervisor and 2 others.... so I was right to show up. The security guard even repeated my name and said the supervisor was expecting me for the interview.... If I listened to you guys I would have missed the interview.
That’s good things worked out for you but I would bet that company is completely mismanaged and if you get the job, you will probably regret joining in a few months. You can generally tell when companies are screwed up if they can’t even manage the basic of tasks properly

Old 05-01-2018, 07:46 AM

35,081 posts, read 31,313,313 times
Things like an address need to be in writing. I've never texted as part of any job search, other than maybe an informal follow-up with a recruiting firm.

Old 05-01-2018, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
That’s good things worked out for you but I would bet that company is completely mismanaged and if you get the job, you will probably regret joining in a few months. You can generally tell when companies are screwed up if they can’t even manage the basic of tasks properly
I went to a job interview at the same company at another location and she did text me the information, the person who called me to schedule the interview that I had today was another person at another location which is close to me

Old 05-04-2018, 08:33 AM

Looks like I got the job. I received a text today by someone else from the company telling me a background screening needs to be done. I just finished filling out the information. So if I listened to the majority of people who told me not to go I wouldn't get this job. Glad I was smart and didn't listen to what I was being told. Some people were really confident that I shouldn't go.

Old 05-04-2018, 09:44 AM

757 posts, read 1,094,546 times
Quote:
Looks like I got the job. I received a text today by someone else from the company telling me a background screening needs to be done. I just finished filling out the information. So if I listened to the majority of people who told me not to go I wouldn't get this job. Glad I was smart and didn't listen to what I was being told. Some people were really confident that I shouldn't go.
Good for you and congratulations! I would also caution you on being too optimistic until you receive a written job offer and accept it. A lot can still happen.

In regards to the forum, you get what you get. That's why it's always good to use the information here appropriately. You are the only one who knows the situation in detail and instinctively knows how best to handle it.

Last edited by UEHelp; 05-04-2018 at 09:56 AM..

Old 05-04-2018, 02:48 PM

I just thought about it. Tuesday I went to the interview. I really believe I didn't do well especially since I was being interviewed by 3 people and the answers I gave. Then I didn't get a call from them that I got the job. The only reason I said it is because today I got a message from someone from the company telling me to complete the background screening information request. She told me in the text that after it's completed, they will reach out to me to let me know what the next step in the process is going to be. Does this sound like I got hired? What is the point of making me do the background check if I wasn't picked? Why would they waste money doing background checks if they already decided they are not going to hire me? If the background check comes out to be positive as it should be then why would they be telling me to do it only to then tell me I was not selected? Can someone explain this? I am trying to understand why they would make me do the background check if they already decided not to hire me and is it normal not to receive a call telling me I got the job?

Old 05-04-2018, 03:27 PM

757 posts, read 1,094,546 times
Quote:
I just thought about it. Tuesday I went to the interview. I really believe I didn't do well especially since I was being interviewed by 3 people and the answers I gave. Then I didn't get a call from them that I got the job. The only reason I said it is because today I got a message from someone from the company telling me to complete the background screening information request. She told me in the text that after it's completed, they will reach out to me to let me know what the next step in the process is going to be. Does this sound like I got hired? What is the point of making me do the background check if I wasn't picked? Why would they waste money doing background checks if they already decided they are not going to hire me? If the background check comes out to be positive as it should be then why would they be telling me to do it only to then tell me I was not selected? Can someone explain this? I am trying to understand why they would make me do the background check if they already decided not to hire me and is it normal not to receive a call telling me I got the job?
It just depends on how many candidates they are considering. They may just spend the money to run checks on three or so candidates, see what comes back after the background check, and then decide who gets the offer.

Depending on the size of the companies, spending a few dollars extra to run several background checks is nothing to them. They know that maybe someone (or even two) may not be able to pass their check and/or decide not to accept the offer.

When they're ready to hire, they want a few candidates cleared and ready to go or be offered the job. They don't want to have to wait for yet another background check to clear if their first candidate decides to take a pass on the job.

Make sense? Don't freak out, just stay the course. I'm sure it will all work out.

Old 05-04-2018, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEHelp View Post
It just depends on how many candidates they are considering. They may just spend the money to run checks on three or so candidates, see what comes back after the background check, and then decide who gets the offer.

Depending on the size of the companies, spending a few dollars extra to run several background checks is nothing to them. They know that maybe someone (or even two) may not be able to pass their check and/or decide not to accept the offer.

When they're ready to hire, they want a few candidates cleared and ready to go or be offered the job. They don't want to have to wait for yet another background check to clear if their first candidate decides to take a pass on the job.

Make sense? Don't freak out, just stay the course. I'm sure it will all work out.
I was told that several positions are available, but why would they make someone who they don't want to select do a background check? It sounds like if they are doing this they are wasting my time. I feel like withdrawing from it before they decide not to select me, but I won't do that. I just don't like waiting for a final decision. They shouldn't be playing with people like this. It's not right. They should at least call me and tell me I haven't been selected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search