Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 04:18 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,000,788 times

Advertisements

On Thursday I came across a position on a job site and I applied with my resume and cover letter around 4:45pm. So today I see that same job posting on craiglist and was wondering does that mean they are still looking for a certain type of APPLICANT or are they waiting to get a certain number of resumes in before they decide who they want to interview?

I know it's only been a day but I was just wondering does a additional posting mean my resume just didn't do it for them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 04:27 PM

173 posts, read 968,049 times
  1. Sounds like a recruiter posting a false job to create a future pipeline.
  2. The employer is just casting a far reaching net, so you are still in the running.
  3. A cursory glance at the resumes' so far indicates no one of even "considerable caliber."
  4. None of the above, status unknown from data provided

Old 03-14-2009, 04:31 PM

2,365 posts, read 11,125,687 times
T.V. guy, I am starting wonder if you are a real person...or are you hired by city data forum?? ;-)

Old 03-14-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iarch View Post
  1. Sounds like a recruiter posting a false job to create a future pipeline.
  2. The employer is just casting a far reaching net, so you are still in the running.
  3. A cursory glance at the resumes' so far indicates no one of even "considerable caliber."
  4. None of the above, status unknown from data provided

Yeah number one maybe the case but I will see what happens this week. I noticed that I hate the weekends now since I don't have a job because Saturday and Sunday are the only days of the week when you won't receive a phone call about a interview-lol It' like I'm always rushing the weekend to end so I can have another 5 days to possibly get a phone call about a job interview

Old 03-14-2009, 04:36 PM

1,802 posts, read 8,161,444 times
If T.V. guy is a real person, here is a real answer. When my employer is looking to hire, we post the job for a specific period of time hoping to get multiple applicants. A resume only tells you so much. An interview and background checks must also be done. We prefer to interview a number of qualified applicants, and then choose the one who is the best fit. We certainly don't stop advertising after one or two responses.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gea12345 View Post
T.V. guy, I am starting wonder if you are a real person...or are you hired by city data forum?? ;-)
Yes I'm real I guess I just was surprised to see the same posting on craiglist and immediately looked at it as a negative sign that I wouldn't be called for a interview. But I do have to take into consideration that I didn't email the resume until the end of the day on Thursday and yestrday was Friday so the fact that the weekend is here maybe they will start contacting sometime next week.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetvj View Post
If T.V. guy is a real person, here is a real answer. When my employer is looking to hire, we post the job for a specific period of time hoping to get multiple applicants. A resume only tells you so much. An interview and background checks must also be done. We prefer to interview a number of qualified applicants, and then choose the one who is the best fit. We certainly don't stop advertising after one or two responses.

Yeah I may just be jumping to conclusions since it was only one day that passed since I sent my resume. Plus I just remembered I had a employer contact me 9 days after my resume was sent.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:42 PM

I think that "janetv" gave good advice...

Old 03-14-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gea12345 View Post
I think that "janetv" gave good advice...

I guess I'm just desperately trying to get another job interview before this month comes to a end since I failed a phone interview this past tuesday. So far I have averaged 2 interviews a month and want to maintain that number or increase it. Defintely don't want to fall below 2 interviews a month.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:57 PM

Okay, Well did you apply for this...already

Reply to: careers@pec-cares.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-03-14, 2:22PM EDT

People’s Emergency Center is the oldest provider of emergency shelter and supportive services to homeless women and children in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Services include emergency food, clothing and shelter; transitional housing; case management and counseling; parenting and life skills; child care; teen education and recreation; welfare-to-work preparation and job placement assistance; and permanent housing opportunities.

Case Managers must be committed to People’s Emergency Center’s belief in the quality, dignity and worth of every person and recognize that homelessness and poverty are systemic issues that require community responses. The Case Manager must be able to effectively communicate in an open, flexible and responsive manner with homeless women, children and teenage girls who are in crisis.

Candidate with a Bachelor's Degree in Education or Social Work is preferred, along with two years of teaching experience. The role of the PPY Employment Case Manager/GED Instructor is to prepare PPY (Pregnant Parents and Youth) participants for the GED exam. Some of the responsibilities include assisting with registration, administration of TABE pre and post tests, and providing quarterly progress reports on PPY participants. Case Management and Program Coordination to TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) mothers, ages 18-22. Must have strong written and oral communication skills. Computer experience is a must: On-line database is used to manage client data. Qualified candidates must also have Microsoft Excel and Word experience. Organizational skills are a must in order to meet target goals that are mandated by GED program. Must have the ability to work independently.

People’s Emergency Center employees are eligible for a generous benefits package which includes group health insurance, vacation, personal and sick time off, flexible benefits plan, pension plan, disability and life insurance and some tuition reimbursements. EOE/M/F/D/V/F

Cover letters and resumes can be faxed to 215-386-6290. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our website at People's Emergency Center
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search