Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 05:02 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gea12345 View Post
Okay, Well did you apply for this...already

Reply to: careers@pec-cares.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-03-14, 2:22PM EDT

People’s Emergency Center is the oldest provider of emergency shelter and supportive services to homeless women and children in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Services include emergency food, clothing and shelter; transitional housing; case management and counseling; parenting and life skills; child care; teen education and recreation; welfare-to-work preparation and job placement assistance; and permanent housing opportunities.

Case Managers must be committed to People’s Emergency Center’s belief in the quality, dignity and worth of every person and recognize that homelessness and poverty are systemic issues that require community responses. The Case Manager must be able to effectively communicate in an open, flexible and responsive manner with homeless women, children and teenage girls who are in crisis.

Candidate with a Bachelor's Degree in Education or Social Work is preferred, along with two years of teaching experience. The role of the PPY Employment Case Manager/GED Instructor is to prepare PPY (Pregnant Parents and Youth) participants for the GED exam. Some of the responsibilities include assisting with registration, administration of TABE pre and post tests, and providing quarterly progress reports on PPY participants. Case Management and Program Coordination to TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) mothers, ages 18-22. Must have strong written and oral communication skills. Computer experience is a must: On-line database is used to manage client data. Qualified candidates must also have Microsoft Excel and Word experience. Organizational skills are a must in order to meet target goals that are mandated by GED program. Must have the ability to work independently.

People’s Emergency Center employees are eligible for a generous benefits package which includes group health insurance, vacation, personal and sick time off, flexible benefits plan, pension plan, disability and life insurance and some tuition reimbursements. EOE/M/F/D/V/F

Cover letters and resumes can be faxed to 215-386-6290. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our website at People's Emergency Center

That's the job I'm referring to-lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 05:08 PM

2,365 posts, read 11,129,340 times
okay,, did you do this one?

Reply to: tgregory@infinitypublishing.com [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-03-10, 8:56PM EDT

Busy book publisher needs a take charge person for a new and ongoing program to make their printed books available as ebooks. You will be responsible for the file conversion and uploading to all the various online ebook stores including Amazon.com. This is the most interesting and fastest growing segment of the book publishing industry.

You must love books and touch type at over 50 words a minute. As part of our cross trained team, you will be expected to do copy editing, take phone calls from potential and existing Authors and pitch in where needed.

An English or Communications Major is a plus along with a working knowledge of html.

We offer a competitive hourly wage, excellent working conditions and company paid holidays, vacation, sick days, medical and disability insurance.

Most important to place your resume in the body of your email. I will not open an attachment. Email to tgregory@infinitypublishing.com

There is no public transportation to our location.

We cannot take any phone calls concerning this position...please respect our wishes on this.
  • Compensation: Hourly with Company Paid Benefits
  • Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
  • Please, no phone calls about this job!

Old 03-14-2009, 05:11 PM

Quote:
okay,, did you do this one?

Reply to: tgregory@infinitypublishing.com [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-03-10, 8:56PM EDT

Busy book publisher needs a take charge person for a new and ongoing program to make their printed books available as ebooks. You will be responsible for the file conversion and uploading to all the various online ebook stores including Amazon.com. This is the most interesting and fastest growing segment of the book publishing industry.

You must love books and touch type at over 50 words a minute. As part of our cross trained team, you will be expected to do copy editing, take phone calls from potential and existing Authors and pitch in where needed.

An English or Communications Major is a plus along with a working knowledge of html.

We offer a competitive hourly wage, excellent working conditions and company paid holidays, vacation, sick days, medical and disability insurance.

Most important to place your resume in the body of your email. I will not open an attachment. Email to tgregory@infinitypublishing.com

There is no public transportation to our location.

We cannot take any phone calls concerning this position...please respect our wishes on this.
  • Compensation: Hourly with Company Paid Benefits
  • Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
  • Please, no phone calls about this job!

Thanks but Conshohocken is a little out of my area when it comes to employment.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:20 PM

hmmmm it is less than an hour away....

It is better than king of prussia which is 2 hours away by public transpo.

at least conshohocken has a direct train....

Old 03-14-2009, 05:23 PM

173 posts, read 968,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetvj View Post
We certainly don't stop advertising after one or two responses.
I don't think there are any jobs, where an employer only get's a "few" responses, especially not a position posted on the Internet.
If a company, has no immediate need, then they can wait, but I would be leary of any "free job board", as it is so easy to post fictitious jobs.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:27 PM

[quote=iarch;7885132]I don't think there are any jobs, where an employer only get's a "few" responses, especially not a position posted on the Internet.
If a company, has no immediate need, then they can wait, but I would be leary of any "free job board", as it is so easy to post fictitious jobs.[/quote]

True, but I do miss the jobs on craigs llist.... i got a lot of "real" jobs when it was free and before this current ecnomic climate...

Old 03-14-2009, 05:29 PM

359 posts, read 1,197,927 times
I don't trust Craigslist for job postings. I have seen a rash of bogus postings on the Craigslist job listings lately, and it is quite disturbing. I would just stick to Careerbuilder or a local help wanted site.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:
hmmmm it is less than an hour away....

It is better than king of prussia which is 2 hours away by public transpo.

at least conshohocken has a direct train....

i don't know, I try to stay 20 min away from home when working.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetucson View Post
I don't trust Craigslist for job postings. I have seen a rash of bogus postings on the Craigslist job listings lately, and it is quite disturbing. I would just stick to Careerbuilder or a local help wanted site.

Local yes, careerbuilder hell no-lol

Old 03-14-2009, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetucson View Post
not in phila...it cost $25.00 bucks a pop to place an ad....and hope someone sees it after 3 days.

In October of 2008 i was all for charging and getting rid of the bogusmiesters, but now, there are so few jobs...I am changing my mnd!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search