Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 03:32 PM

505 posts, read 575,295 times

Advertisements

As an adopted member of Jesus' family I consider myself to be an "honorary Jew". Thank you very much! Brothers and sisters, specifically what are the issues which prevent those of you of the Jewish faith from accepting Jesus as the promised Messiah?
I'm very interested!
Do you guys believe that these are the 'latter days" as mentioned in the New Testament?
Do you believe the NT is the Word of God?
Are you looking for the Messiah to come soon, as Christians are looking for the second coming of Christ?
Are there any Jews here currently living in Israel right now?
Do you believe that there is life after death?
]Thanks!

Old 06-14-2013, 04:16 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,478,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joint heir with jesus View Post
As an adopted member of Jesus' family I consider myself to be an "honorary Jew". Thank you very much! Brothers and sisters, specifically what are the issues which prevent those of you of the Jewish faith from accepting Jesus as the promised Messiah?
I'm very interested!
Do you guys believe that these are the 'latter days" as mentioned in the New Testament?
Are you looking for the Messiah to come soon, as Christians are looking for the second coming of Christ?
]Thanks!
Are you seriously asking this question? I mean, I can understand how the other ones might be genuine questions if you had never met a Jew. But how can you live in this world and not know the answer to this question. Have you ever in your lifetime watched the world news? Did you learn any history in high school? I seriously just don't get this. Here it is in a nutshell: Historical Timeline of Modern Israeli History 1860-2006

Old 06-14-2013, 04:20 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,866,983 times
Quote:
I'm very interested!
I'd say it's the whole "Jesus didn't fulfill the messianic prophesies and the basic tenets of Christianity are contrary to Torah" thing.

Quote:
No.
Quote:
No again.
Quote:
Nope.
Quote:
There might be, but I don't.
Quote:
No.
Quote:
Thanks!
Thanks for asking!

Old 06-14-2013, 04:37 PM

195 posts, read 245,426 times
Joint heir with jesus, I recommend reading this book by a former Christian for Christians that should answer your question.

Restoring Abrahamic Faith: James D. Tabor: Amazon.com: Books

Old 06-15-2013, 03:40 PM

505 posts, read 575,295 times
[quote=JB from NC;30026154]I'd say it's the whole "Jesus didn't fulfill the messianic prophesies and the basic tenets of Christianity are contrary to Torah" thing.

JB - I guess I should have asked specifically, which messianic prophecies you refer to. My bad.

Anyone currently living in Israel here right now? I would be very eager to talk to you! Peace.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:24 PM

938 posts, read 1,516,083 times
To the OP:

Judaism is not simply Christianity without Jesus / the New Testament. It has a rich oral and rabbinic tradition that exists outside what you Christians would call the Old Testament. Its theology and philosophy is different from that of Christianity. We don't think Adam caused humans to have a sinful nature. We don't need someone to die for our sins or free us from Jewish law. We don't need a savior to go to heaven.

A Jew is someone who was either born to a Jewish mother or converted according to Jewish law. Ever since Paul and early Christians decided they didn't need to follow Jewish law after Jesus died, Christians have not been Jewish.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:26 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,866,983 times
Quote:
JB - I guess I should have asked specifically, which messianic prophecies you refer to. My bad.
Rebuilding the Temple, gathering all Jews to Israel, re-establishing the Davidic monarchy, ushering in world peace, spreading Torah to the world....

In other words, the ones that will the distinguish the messiah as the messiah.

I know that Christianity teaches that Jesus will do all these things when he "comes back", but that just reinforces the fact that it goes against Judaism. Our messiah will be a man; born of two human parents, and he will live and die like any other man.

Last edited by JB from NC; 06-15-2013 at 07:35 PM..

Old 06-15-2013, 10:19 PM

43,680 posts, read 44,425,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joint heir with jesus;30025483
Thanks!
Of course there are Jews living in Israel. Israel is a Jewish country with a Jewish majority. I suggest that you google Israel for more information/details.

Old 06-15-2013, 11:27 PM

1,373 posts, read 1,655,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Of course there are Jews living in Israel. Israel is a Jewish country with a Jewish majority. I suggest that you google Israel for more information/details.
I think Joint heir with Jesus means: Are there any here, i.e. the forum, who are currently living in Israel.

Old 06-16-2013, 04:52 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,478,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulJourn View Post
I think Joint heir with Jesus means: Are there any here, i.e. the forum, who are currently living in Israel.
Thank you for clarifying that. I guess combined with all the other questions I kind of read into that. :-)

Sorry, OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism