Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 10:58 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,629,025 times

Advertisements

One other thing about the area we liked - it's right across the street from Heritage Park. We walk a fair amount (2-5 miles daily) and the area would be great for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 11:30 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
My wife's pretty set on new construction...if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.
I don't blame her! I live in an older part of Johnson County (Prairie Village), in one of the older (1956), better constructed houses, but we have remodeled it extensively. When I look at houses at reeceandnichols.com in old Johnson County, I see property that I LOVE on the outside but inside they are so dated and would take a lot of work to make them acceptable. Plus for the same money you can get a larger, brand new house. A lot of the older houses only have one bathroom, too.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:52 PM

6,816 posts, read 11,542,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
I don't mind being that far south; I'll be driving to Berryton, which is south of Topeka. Just about anywhere we looked in JoCo was 60-75 minute drive to Berryton (I'd be driving it 3 days/per week, which I'm prepared for).

We're very open to suggestions - in no way are we stuck on that part of OP. But we do prefer to stay in JoCo.
Wow. Commuting to Berryton......that's quite a drive. I'd look a little farther west - somewhere out in the K-7/K-10 area. Lots of new construction, and you'd be a bit closer for your commute. Have you thought about traveling in snow? Nearly everyone on this board could give you their own personal snow horror stories, my record was 3 hours for my normal 35 minute commute.

Old 09-08-2015, 11:01 AM

1 posts, read 649 times
Default Chapel Hill Neighborhood

After reading the request for information for the Chapel Hill Sub Division I felt the need to post something. We have lived here for 3+ years and over all enjoyed it very much. Our neighbors are great and we love our home. Like most people we wish we would of done some things different and like most builders you have to stay on top of them and "write everything down". At the time Park View was the only builder but now you have many choices and I suggest you look at most of them. Because we are older we have no children at home and can not comment on the school system. Our big problem with this sub division is we (and everyone we talk to) were told how beautiful, the common areas or green spaces were going to be landscaped and taken care of. Well it started out ok then came to a sudden halt. The grass is usually overgrown or looks like some farmers field, there are plants / grasses that died last year and have never been replaced. In the small cul-de-sacs where they started with some landscaping the weeds out number the plants. One neighbor phrased it nicely " It is starting to look like government housing". What I do not understand is I thought the HOA was supposed to help keep up the integrity and values of the homes in the neighborhood. I would love to change this negative portion of my response but that is up to the HOA of Chapel Hill.

Old 09-14-2015, 10:18 AM

6,816 posts, read 11,542,919 times
The original post is over 3 years old. OP has probably tired of the commute to Berryton and moved to Shawnee County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City