Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 12:37 PM

1,145 posts, read 2,465,079 times

Advertisements

Brookside is the perfect place to experience everything and is really safe. The problem is that rentals are hard to find because there are so many single family homes. The Plaza area would be easier for you to find an apartment and it will still be a close drive to work as well as safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 12:52 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,628,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew1000 View Post
Brookside is the perfect place to experience everything and is really safe. The problem is that rentals are hard to find because there are so many single family homes. The Plaza area would be easier for you to find an apartment and it will still be a close drive to work as well as safe.
This exactly. if you can find a place in Brookside, I say go for it, as it sounds like the best for you. But there's hardly any multi-family properties down there so it can be exceedingly difficult to find something.

Old 10-28-2011, 02:34 PM

37 posts, read 130,915 times
Any thoughts on Briarcliff Planned Community? Since it's north of downtown, would it be pushing my commute time.

Also, saw a nice apartment in the Plaza/Westport area called the Blenheim and The Sylvester. Any idea on these apartments?

Old 10-31-2011, 08:57 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,628,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanity01 View Post
Any thoughts on Briarcliff Planned Community? Since it's north of downtown, would it be pushing my commute time.

Also, saw a nice apartment in the Plaza/Westport area called the Blenheim and The Sylvester. Any idea on these apartments?
Where exactly are these? I don't know anything about the specific buildings, but would be happy to share my thoughts on location.

My SO's aunt is building a house up in Briarcliff, but other than that I don't know much! It certainly seems like a nice area, but it would certainly add some time to your commute.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:43 AM

These properties are managed by Frederick Lanell Properties and are located at 4425 Jarboe Street.I think the Briarcliff area would make my commute longer. It's been hard trying to find newer/updated apartment complexes in the Brookside area.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:57 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,892,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanity01 View Post
Very nice suburban area very close to downtown kc. No transit at all though while getting to 89th and Ward Parkway is not exactly easy, even from the city (which is kind of sad). Transit in KC is pretty good (at least doable) between downtown and brookside. When you get away from that area, transit options fall off a cliff in metro kc.

But if you want a suburban area set in some of the highest points in KC with dramatic views of downtown and a decent public school district then I would l look into Briarcliff.

Old Briarcliff is the established area east of 169 and is one of the top neighborhoods in kcmo. It has some amazing homes overlooking the skyline and is very family friendly. It's near waterworks park which has a great disc golf course. One problem with that area is that as you go east, the area is a bit blightened along North Oak Trafficway. But you are very close to Briarcliff Village and Downtown NKC.

New Briarcliff is west of 169 and is nearly all new construction while Old Briarcliff has homes in most price brackets, the new briarcliff area is mostly upper bracket.

Commute to 89 and Ward Pkwy would be 30-45 minutes and would be unpredictable due to having to cross the Broadway Bridge which often backups up or has crashes causing delays. Once on the other side of Downtown, it would be smooth sailing though.

If you are considering Briarcliff, I would also consider Coleman Highlands, which is just south of downtown.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:33 AM

Thanks everyone for all of your input. I was offered a job but for much less than I am willing to take.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:20 AM

15 posts, read 26,633 times
Overland park ....(Johnson county kansas period)....is VERY safe but does nt hv much public transits......sorry 89th ward pkwy is mre thn 20 mins frm dwntwn....now leawood is close but thts an expensive part of johnson county to live in....

#love my hometown...knw my hometown!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City