Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2013, 01:58 PM

792 posts, read 1,176,980 times

Advertisements

I posted this in "Kansas" and I think I should have posted it here. Sorry

The other day I came home from work and started the dishwasher. I ran hot water from the faucet first to be sure hot water was going into the dishwasher. I went about doing other things. After a bit I smelled something burning. I wasn't cooking anything. The smell led to the dishwasher. It was in its cycle of drying the dishes. I shut it off.
I started to fix supper. When I turned on the faucet the pressure was so low I knew something was wrong.
I called the water company and left a message. A lady called me right back and told me they were working on the lines. I told her it would have been nice to be notified and she said it was an emergency.
Okay, I understand that.
The heating element is now damaged and all it does is produce a burning smell. I have read that there always needs to be water in the bottom of the dishwasher as that's how the heating element works to dry the dishes.

I realize in an emergency situation the water has to be shut off NOW.
Having said that- is it so difficult or time-consuming for KCBPU to send out a text or email alerting us that the water has been shut off?
When I checked the water prior to running my dishwasher I had water. Had I known they were going to shut it off or had shut it off I would have shut off my dishwasher.

In this day and age of texting and sending alerts quickly I'd think they could oblige us in that way.
Of my utility bill $50 goes to who-knows-what and the rest is paying for what I have used.
I have sent KCBPU an email asking if they could alert those who want to be alerted but I haven't heard back from them.

Do I have a legitimate complaint?
Who is liable to fix my dishwasher?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City