Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 08:16 AM

80 posts, read 111,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I didn't say Missouri doesn't have enough people who can afford tickets. Missouri does not have enough people who buy tickets period to support either stadium. Without people from the Kansas side buying tickets, the stadiums would not be here. That's the simple fact. I was a kid in the 60s when the Kansas City 80s were here instead of the Royals. The same was true then.
And this is the main reason I need to leave this place, moved here 3 years ago from NY, the set of mind of people from JoCo thinking they are more than just a glorified suburb in the midwest, thinking that everything urban is bad, and thinking everything in the metro is because of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 08:36 AM

404 posts, read 457,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anzacosf View Post
And this is the main reason I need to leave this place, moved here 3 years ago from NY, the set of mind of people from JoCo thinking they are more than just a glorified suburb in the midwest, thinking that everything urban is bad, and thinking everything in the metro is because of them.
Or try to live in KC with the JO County people thinking they run the KC area. JO County is the main reason I don't miss living in KC.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:45 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Quote:
I didn't say any of what you just said. All I said is that without input from the Kansas side financially, there wouldn't be a professional baseball or football team in Kansas City. That is the simple fact. If you only had the population on the Missouri side, that would not be enough to support either stadium. Get butt hurt over it if you want to, but it's the truth. I didn't say the Johnson county owns the stadiums or that they are superior. I am just saying that they are part of the KC Metro and removed Johnson County from the equation there would be no professional teams here.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:52 AM

638 posts, read 624,344 times
Quote:
I didn't say Missouri doesn't have enough people who can afford tickets. Missouri does not have enough people who buy tickets period to support either stadium. Without people from the Kansas side buying tickets, the stadiums would not be here. That's the simple fact. I was a kid in the 60s when the Kansas City 80s were here instead of the Royals. The same was true then.
Missouri has pro teams because our cities are bigger. There is a reason the Chiefs and Royals are in Kansas City and not Topeka

What Kansas did at the RNC this year was somewhat embarrassing because it made Royals nation look like a bunch of farmers who were just a little too excited about that World Series. It also seemed to be a blatant attempt to make the nation believe the Royals play in Kansas. Missouri straightened it out, but it was quite strange altogether.
I appreciate that Kansas is Royals territory, but the championship team was in another state. Just silly on their part and a bad look for KC (since so many still assume it is in Kansas).

Old 08-02-2016, 09:20 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moboy32 View Post
Missouri has pro teams because our cities are bigger. There is a reason the Chiefs and Royals are in Kansas City and not Topeka

What Kansas did at the RNC this year was somewhat embarrassing because it made Royals nation look like a bunch of farmers who were just a little too excited about that World Series. It also seemed to be a blatant attempt to make the nation believe the Royals play in Kansas. Missouri straightened it out, but it was quite strange altogether.
I appreciate that Kansas is Royals territory, but the championship team was in another state. Just silly on their part and a bad look for KC (since so many still assume it is in Kansas).
Well, I wasn't at the RNC. All I have said in this thread is that without attendance and support from the Kansas side of the metro, we would not have a Royals or Chiefs team in Kansas City. Attendance and financial support from the Missouri side alone would not be enough.

Stadiums are on the Missouri side, but Kansas is part of the Kansas City metro. Likewise, Kansas Speedway and Sporting KC are on the Kansas side, but they are part of the Kansas City metro.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:08 PM

290 posts, read 346,740 times
Quote:
You probably already do this, but I live in the city and spend most of my free time in the city, yet I technically work in Northeast Johnson County. Frankly, I don't run into these petty discussions outside of the internet and if you're spending most of your time in KCMO, JOCO is nothing but a decent suburb south of the city.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:12 PM

290 posts, read 346,740 times
Quote:
Well, I wasn't at the RNC. All I have said in this thread is that without attendance and support from the Kansas side of the metro, we would not have a Royals or Chiefs team in Kansas City. Attendance and financial support from the Missouri side alone would not be enough.

Stadiums are on the Missouri side, but Kansas is part of the Kansas City metro. Likewise, Kansas Speedway and Sporting KC are on the Kansas side, but they are part of the Kansas City metro.
In 2016, it's a bi-state metro where Johnson County wouldn't exist without KCMO and vice versa. I'm a KC supporter, but as a transplant to the area and although each entity may work against each other, the Metro has two important halves that are separated by a state line. In the end, it's all the Kansas City Metro Area.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:37 PM

80 posts, read 111,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA650 View Post
You probably already do this, but I live in the city and spend most of my free time in the city, yet I technically work in Northeast Johnson County. Frankly, I don't run into these petty discussions outside of the internet and if you're spending most of your time in KCMO, JOCO is nothing but a decent suburb south of the city.
I don't work in Kansas and never will. I hardly ever go past the stateline (and never needed to) other than a few times when I first got here. Before I pay any tax to these idiots in Topeka, I would rather look for opportunities elsewhere. Sorry for the strong sentiment but it s a personal one.

Old 08-02-2016, 01:30 PM

1,328 posts, read 1,462,755 times
Quote:
Without fans/support from the Kansas side, I doubt the Royals or the Chiefs would even be in Kansas City.
You keep insisting that the Royals belong to the entire metro, and they do. But the stadiums DO NOT. They belong to Jackson County. And that's where the commercials were filmed.

Also, you're acting like it's the "Kansas City" Lottery. It's the Kansas Lottery. It's a government-run program that has willfully chosen to highlight an amenity in a separate state to promote itself. It's as if they're saying, "Hey, there's nothing good in Kansas! But at least there's some good stuff nearby!"

Old 08-02-2016, 02:05 PM

638 posts, read 624,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwiksell View Post
You keep insisting that the Royals belong to the entire metro, and they do. But the stadiums DO NOT. They belong to Jackson County. And that's where the commercials were filmed.

Also, you're acting like it's the "Kansas City" Lottery. It's the Kansas Lottery. It's a government-run program that has willfully chosen to highlight an amenity in a separate state to promote itself. It's as if they're saying, "Hey, there's nothing good in Kansas! But at least there's some good stuff nearby!"
I think the Kansas lottery helps sponser Royals promotions, as does the Missouri lottery. That's why they used the Royals in their commercial
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City