Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 07:35 PM

822 posts, read 2,047,277 times

Advertisements

I don't think he's been caught.

Yes, the guy they arrested looks like the artist's rendering.

But.......

The DA's office has had more than enough time to indict him for the recent rapes and have not. Something isn't right.

They claim to have DNA evidence from the '80s rapes. If they have evidence in those old cases, how could they NOT have evidence in the new ones?

He was living in a halfway house where his whereabouts should be easily tracked. I have only heard of one night in which he broke curfew on the night of one of the rapes.

I have a nagging suspicion that this guy isn't him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 11:30 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
The locations of the 80s rapes very closely match the locations of the recent rapes. It seems pretty likely that it's the same culprit.

Old 05-22-2010, 05:30 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,387,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
The locations of the 80s rapes very closely match the locations of the recent rapes. It seems pretty likely that it's the same culprit.
They're going to need a lot more than that to get an indictment.

Old 05-22-2010, 07:12 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
I don't know if they have the right guy in that case, but I'm sure Shon Pernice is the right guy and I'm glad he's finally been charged with his wife's murder.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:12 PM

I would presume the suspect was put in a lineup and shown to the victims. Would that not be enough for an indictment? Yet, none has occurred.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:11 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,001,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I don't know if they have the right guy in that case, but I'm sure Shon Pernice is the right guy and I'm glad he's finally been charged with his wife's murder.

The Pernice's live on my street so I have been following that closely. I knew something was up the day they arrested him because there was a helicopter flying above my neighborhood and there was KCMO police and an FBI van parked on my street.

I dont know if they have enough to convict though. I doubt her body will ever be found. In fact, I doubt her body even exist anymore. He was military and firefighter trained, he knew what needed to be done.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:38 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
The Pernice's live on my street so I have been following that closely. I knew something was up the day they arrested him because there was a helicopter flying above my neighborhood and there was KCMO police and an FBI van parked on my street.

I dont know if they have enough to convict though. I doubt her body will ever be found. In fact, I doubt her body even exist anymore. He was military and firefighter trained, he knew what needed to be done.
Yes, but if they have evidence they can convict without a body. The three girls Richard Grissom murdered in 1989 I think it was have never been found, and he was convicted. I think the fact that the police have taken so long to indict Pernice indicates that they have been taking all this time to gather evidence and get all their ducks in a row. I don't think they'd have arrested him yet if they didn't have evidence they felt would convict him, even without a body.

I don't think her body exists anymore, either, and when I read former coworkers of his saying that when he worked at a hospital he always volunteered to take specimens to the incinerator because no one else wanted to do it, I thought that might be what he did with Renee's body. I would think it would be easy enough to get on hospital property if you were familiar enough with the hospital and use the incinerator (sounded from the description like you had to go outside of the hospital to put stuff in the incinerator). I'm just betting that is what he did. He apparently always bragged that he knew how to get rid of a body. What would be better than incineration?

Old 05-24-2010, 06:52 PM

Yeah, yeah.....Pernice.

Any thoughts on the topic of this thread?

Old 05-25-2010, 05:29 AM

3,339 posts, read 9,355,142 times
I think the prosecutors are just trying to put together an airtight case. They don't have to release this man, so they can take their time and make sure they get it right. They know public safety, as well as their jobs, depend on doing this by the book.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:33 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,001,074 times
Quote:
Yes, but if they have evidence they can convict without a body. The three girls Richard Grissom murdered in 1989 I think it was have never been found, and he was convicted. I think the fact that the police have taken so long to indict Pernice indicates that they have been taking all this time to gather evidence and get all their ducks in a row. I don't think they'd have arrested him yet if they didn't have evidence they felt would convict him, even without a body.
Unless they move the trial away from KC, he will get convicted regardless. The city has already made up his mind. I dont think you should be able to convict someone of murder without a body unless you have video of them actually committing the act. This is doubtful but there is always the possibility that she took off.

Quote:
I don't think her body exists anymore, either, and when I read former coworkers of his saying that when he worked at a hospital he always volunteered to take specimens to the incinerator because no one else wanted to do it, I thought that might be what he did with Renee's body. I would think it would be easy enough to get on hospital property if you were familiar enough with the hospital and use the incinerator (sounded from the description like you had to go outside of the hospital to put stuff in the incinerator). I'm just betting that is what he did. He apparently always bragged that he knew how to get rid of a body. What would be better than incineration?

I think they can get DNA from ashes though. I'm not completely sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City