Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2011, 05:11 PM

2 posts, read 5,782 times

Advertisements

I've been living in NKY for awhile now while attending school. I very much like the area, the diversity of activities to do, etc. I do have a toddler and I like the schooling options in the areas as I could easily choose public, private, montessori, or opt to send him to a magnet school in Cincy when that time comes. However, I am thinking of moving in search of job opportunities. Also, NKY, while I do have friends here now, is not the easiest place to meet and get to know people. Alot of people tend to very closed off I guess.
So, what about Lexington, Louisville, or Frankfort? I'm looking for job opportunities, good schools, affordable daycare, diversity, and ease of meeting new people. Also, my toddler is mixed, so I am looking for an area where this is not going to be an issue within the community. In my current community, while majority white, there were a number of Indians, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, and African Americans in my neighborhood. I would like to continue that diversity in his life. Any ideas? Feel free to chime in even if it just concerns your personal neighborhood and NKY!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of: