Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 05:55 AM

638 posts, read 1,282,263 times

Advertisements

I have the Horse Council plate on my car, and I get many, many compliments on it when I'm in NY and elsewhere! Imagine, complimenting a license plate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 08:47 PM

1,900 posts, read 5,907,128 times
The general issue KY plate looks pretty good to my eyes. The newer font does look a little bit cheap, though. The special issues are nice- I just saw a coal one today for the first time (I'm from SE MI so I see A LOT of KY plates, mostly Boone County rental cars, but also others) while in the Dayton, Ohio area, and I liked it. Indiana's are ugly, yes, (though their last green one was nice) but if you ask me, Illinois' general issue are the ugliest in the country...well, maybe the new gold NY ones.

The last KY plates (the one with the sun) were nicer, though. I also liked the ones from the 90s that had the copyright infringement issue. I have one in my collection.

County stickers are great- I'm always curious about where out of town cars come from. Here in MI we don't have them, but so many cars have dealer plate frames you can make an educated guess, and I can tell from the sticker (if it's a new plate) which office issued nearly all of them.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:16 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
The coal plate isn't ugly in itself - it's what it represents that turns my stomach.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:20 AM

2,200 posts, read 4,423,197 times
The KY plates are some of the better (not best) ones in the country. The KY Unbridled Spirit logo is probably the only good thing to ever come out of Ernie Fletcher's government.

Indiana is definitely a lot worse. Delaware is the worst.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:52 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,910,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
The coal plate isn't ugly in itself - it's what it represents that turns my stomach.
agree totally. what's next, a friends of tabacco, or maybe in god we trust? oh, indiana has that.I think i remember seeing an anti-abortion plate as well. when did it become o.k. for state gov. to start putting hot-button topics on plates? I'm gonna get me a "let them gays get hitched" plate as soon as they come out.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:04 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kytoaz View Post
agree totally. what's next, a friends of tabacco, or maybe in god we trust? oh, indiana has that.I think i remember seeing an anti-abortion plate as well. when did it become o.k. for state gov. to start putting hot-button topics on plates? I'm gonna get me a "let them gays get hitched" plate as soon as they come out.
KY has that already.

http://www.courier-journal.com/artic...-WeTrust-motto

Old 06-13-2012, 04:54 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,910,576 times
no suprise. I can't drive a block around here without being bombarded with religious bumper propaganda. jesus fish, real men love jesus, if you don't love jesus i'll kill you, etc. etc. this plate will be a huge success for those who love to display how their way is the only way for everyone.
I really want a bumper sticker that says h.w.j.d.-how would jesus drive?

Old 06-16-2012, 02:42 PM

43 posts, read 78,802 times
I would love a pro-equality plate. We know that'll never come, though. That might offend all of the FoC/Choose Life platers.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:32 AM

2,926 posts, read 8,573,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
I have the Friends of Coal plate.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:34 AM

2,926 posts, read 8,573,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kytoaz View Post
You obviously do not live in Kentucky. I see many many cars everyday with the new "In God We Trust" plate....also, it's just a license plate. Don't take everything in life so serious....sheesh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky