Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2013, 01:22 PM

4 posts, read 6,198 times

Advertisements

Hi there! Recently I've been considering moving to Kentucky but I'm not really sure where to go. I've been looking towards outside of Lexington. I am just concerned about finding a job in this area. I'm not to picky about where I work as long as its paying the bills but I don't want to move some wheres that has no jobs.

-Where you are working- As of now I am an assistant manager.

-How much you are willing to spend on housing- I'd be looking to rent a 2 bedroom apartment for a year or so for at max 900 a month, so I can see if I'm comfortable there and found an area I like.

-How long of a commute you're willing to tolerate- I'd be willing to commute around 30-45 min.

-If you have kids: Private school or public school?- Currently don't have kids. But would chose public.

-What type of neighborhood environment you are looking for: small town feeling? small city excitement?
suburbia delight? Definitely prefer the small town feeling.

-Pie or cake? Both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 01:41 PM

11,085 posts, read 17,530,236 times
Not trying to sound mean or anything, but I bet if you scroll through other threads, both in the Kentucky part and the Lexington section, you could probably find quite a few answers to all your questions. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:18 PM

14,768 posts, read 8,093,254 times
I am sure you could find a two bedroom apartment in the towns surrounding Lexington for $900 or under - the smaller places usually charge much less for rent, and you could rent a two bedroom apartment in Lexington for under $900.
Georgetown, Nicholasville, Richmond, Versailles and Midway are all under a 45 minute drive to Lexington...probably even so for Winchester, Danville, Frankfort, Wilmore and Paris.
All have the small town feel, and yet are really close to Lexington.
I would think that you would probably be able to find an Assistant Managers job in any of those towns, and/or surely in Lexington. (Check Indeed, Career Builders, Monster and type in Lexington area and see what you can find....you will get some idea there of the job market in the area.)
Good Luck and Welcome to Kentucky, if you should decide to visit or move here.

Old 09-10-2013, 05:56 PM

4 posts, read 6,198 times
Thank you for the responses! I'm just nervous and want to make sure I find a good area to move to. But I will definitely be doing a lot of research before I go. I'm not looking to move for 6 more months so I have plenty of time. Thanks again!!

Old 10-11-2013, 11:50 AM

303 posts, read 539,767 times
I've posted some things about small towns in Ky on the threads below in the Rural Areas/Small Towns forum. For a two bedroom, $900 will be plenty just about anywhere in Ky from my experiences. I had friends rent little houses for that much a month. If you want Lexington to be your 'big' city, then I always suggest Danville and Versailles because I spent a ton of time in those towns with family. Nicholasville and Georgetown are good too. I don't really have a good enough feel for Midway to suggest it and Paris is getting a little far out for a commute to Lexington I think. Good luck with your search!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/rural...in-40-a-3.html
http://www.city-data.com/forum/rural...near-good.html

Old 10-11-2013, 11:52 AM

303 posts, read 539,767 times
I just found these two posts in the Kentucky section I did a while ago. Hope they help!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/kentu...-kentucky.html
http://www.city-data.com/forum/kentu...-right-us.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky