Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 03:54 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datadog View Post
Memphis 1979 what is wrong with Hickman ? When were you last living there ? Please give me a more detailed explanation of Hickman good or bad. Thankyou.
Well, there is literally nothing to do there. That and the fact that Meth is probably cooking in one out of every 4 houses, I'd say thats a problem.

I never lived in Hickman, I lived in Union City. I had freinds up there, and I spent a lot of time hanging out up there. It was where I went for muddin' and when I wanted some moonshine. Its very backwooded, and very backwards. You are 30 minutes from any store of a good size, and thats still not very big.

If you're wanting to drop off the face of the planet, and you have a meth habit, I would suggest Hickman, KY. Otherwise, Union City, Martin, Dyersburg, hell even Fulton are better options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 08:21 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,087,690 times
I was there for a few weeks during the ice storm (Feb '09) and the city is by far more 'advanced' the the other cities along the river to its north. There are some new businesses along Highway 94 (East of town) that may put a new spin on Hickman.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:42 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,790,453 times
How about Wickliffe. I was thinking about moving there someday. It seems like the kind of town where a man could live his life full measure, instead of the crazy pace in so much of the country today.

Old 07-23-2009, 03:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,766 times
Memphis...

We just moved to Hickman in March of this year from SW Utah. I recently sold my engineering firm and wanted a place off the beaten path where we could find an inexpensive home for cash so that we could retire and not worry about a mortgage in this collapsing economic environment. I have nothing negative to say about Hickman other than the mosquitos... some of the friendliest people I've ever lived around and I've lived all over the globe.

We're renovating an old Victorian and we do our couple trips a week to Union City and that gives us all the contact with the civilized world that I need....

I would highly recommend Hickman as a great place to live if you want a little of the small town lifestyle that seems to have been lost in America. I don't know where America is heading but I don't like what I see... I sure as hell don't want to be anywhere close to a city when the SHTF...

Old 07-23-2009, 04:07 PM

Ok, so Hickman is a good place to live if you believe the world will fall into chaos tomorrow.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:47 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,426,798 times
Hickman is a place you have to be going to get to... it near nothing and if you need anything beyond the very basics plan on driving about 25-30 miles to get it. Hickman is a old money have and have not town.

I don't dislike Hickman but I don't think I'd move there.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:08 AM

11 posts, read 28,736 times
Hi I am considering a move to Hickman and would like to know more detail about the area. Seein g how you are new I would be able to get a real perspective on the area free of local distortions . Please email me at this e-mail I created for this move I plan on making. I am relocating in December and am considering the Hickman area and the radius of 150 miles in that region . My e-mail is curlyhammed@hotmail.com thankyou in advance!

Old 08-12-2009, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datadog View Post
Hi I am considering a move to Hickman and would like to know more detail about the area. Seein g how you are new I would be able to get a real perspective on the area free of local distortions . Please email me at this e-mail I created for this move I plan on making. I am relocating in December and am considering the Hickman area and the radius of 150 miles in that region . My e-mail is curlyhammed@hotmail.com thankyou in advance!
150 mile radius is a huge difference. You're looking at Paducah, Murray, Union City, Dyersburg, and many other cities.

Hickman is a small, small town. Bad Meth cooking problems, there is nothing really happening there. If you want to drop off the map, I guess thats a good place to go to. However, I want a little more to do in my town than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky