Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2008, 02:35 PM

22 posts, read 91,669 times

Advertisements

There's a good chance that my husband's employer may transfer him to the Bowling Green area. I'm curious about the chances that I might be able to land a job with one of the school districts in the area. I'm currently employed by the local school in my area as a supportive staff substitute and I'm looking to go full time. I would like to find a job with the same school as my children attend. Since I don't know if and when my husband will be relocated and what school my children will attend, I can't put in my application right now. Do the schools in the Bowling Green area hire for non-teaching uncertified positions? And if so, is it a hard position to find job openings? Thank you for any info on this type of job openings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 03:49 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times
They hire a lot of noncertified for teachers aids, lunch room attendants, bus monitors and that sort of thing. We have two different school systems: Bowling Green Independent Schools and Warren County Public Schools. Here are links:

Bowling Green Independent Schools

DefaultNew

Old 06-02-2008, 07:09 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,310,863 times
I would consider Barren and Logan Counties, too.

Old 06-02-2008, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
I would consider Barren and Logan Counties, too.

I am just curious as to why you would say that as far as schools go? I don't see the advantage.

Old 06-03-2008, 04:45 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,310,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I am just curious as to why you would say that as far as schools go? I don't see the advantage.
I said that in reply to the OP questioning job opportunities. Barren and Logan Counties are solid counties that have good family assets. No harm intended towards BG/Warren as the area is good. Only adding to the mix.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
I said that in reply to the OP questioning job opportunities. Barren and Logan Counties are solid counties that have good family assets. No harm intended towards BG/Warren as the area is good. Only adding to the mix.

No problem, but if her husband will be working in Bowling Green, with gas prices I am not sure driving back and forth to Barren county would be feasible.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:12 AM

1 posts, read 1,970 times
Hi, my husband is looking into applying at the Police Dept. They seem to always need officers, my question about that is why? Is the crime rate really bad. And I would also like to ask about whats the best neighborhoods to look for rental houses at reasonable rates but a good house, good neighborhood and school that a 13 yr old wont get into alot of peer pressure trouble. lol you know how teens are. Im looking for a better reputation middle school and high school. Sometimes the rural county schools and people have better values and better well behaved kids, is that the case in Bowling Green??

Old 04-19-2011, 09:20 PM

For one thing, Bowling Green is really growing so hiring more officers is part of that. As far as crime rates, Bowling Green's crime is slightly higher than Kentucky overall but in most cases lower than the national averages. There is a lot of property crime, larceny and theft though. Bowling Green tends to be a very diverse city for it's size due to being an international refuge city. I am sure this adds to the difficulty of being a police officer here with language and cultural barriers.

As far as schools, there are good schools in both the city and county districts. Try to find a house in the middle school district that feeds into Greenwood High School, South Warren High School or even Bowling Green High School (with the exception of Moss Middle School). The best areas to rent in will be the east and south sides of town. I would avoid the west side and in most cases the north end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky