Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 05:40 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,084,465 times

Advertisements

Is there an ignore feature on here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 05:40 PM

200 posts, read 807,067 times
lolol keep on fighting the good fight missy!!! maybe someday you will make us all believe you are always right

ps

yay!!!!! I <3 you

Old 03-20-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie40829 View Post
lolol keep on fighting the good fight missy!!! maybe someday you will make us all believe you are always right

ps

yay!!!!! I <3 you
What does I <3 you mean and how the heck old are you? 12?

Old 03-20-2009, 06:19 PM

such arrogance ill will. Stop acting like everyone looks up to you. funny thing ive gotten a couple of reputation marks because of my comments to you. and im going to quote the exact last one " its about time someone stood up to her" bwahahahha newsflash girl, there are more opinions out there than yours.... and oh yeah, southern belles done come from pleasure ridge park lmfao thats about as midwestern as des moines Iowa. I was using a little humor to lighten the mood with the I <3 you comment, but apparently this forum is your life. lololol.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie40829 View Post
such arrogance ill will. Stop acting like everyone looks up to you. funny thing ive gotten a couple of reputation marks because of my comments to you. and im going to quote the exact last one " its about time someone stood up to her" bwahahahha newsflash girl, there are more opinions out there than yours.... and oh yeah, southern belles done come from pleasure ridge park lmfao thats about as midwestern as des moines Iowa. I was using a little humor to lighten the mood with the I <3 you comment, but apparently this forum is your life. lololol.
You know what I think is funny? You have yet to answer the questions I asked you. I did nothing but state something you said and all you have done since then is act like a 12 year old child with all the personal attacks. I am officially done with you now, I will no longer stoop to your level.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:34 PM

NO, what really got my dander up was when you stated that my opinion didnt count. I lived in Harlan for a good long while growing up and I can atest to you lady I know the state as well as anyone else my age. I am extensivly well versed and traveled in the state. That is what really got me set in motion. and while we are at it what exact questions did you ask me? I would be happy to answer them to the best of my ability

Old 03-23-2009, 12:47 PM

7 posts, read 25,089 times
WOW Missy you seem to be a very well respected member of this forum. One who has posted many insightful comments. And yet, you go and become a total witch in this thread because someone didnt agree with you. Missy have you ever been to the south? I am not talking about Tennessee either. I am talking about Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia. Have you heard the accents there? I just moved from just outside of Biloxi. My dear I can assure you, Kentucky is by no stretch a southern state. Good day and God bless.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krs8691 View Post
WOW Missy you seem to be a very well respected member of this forum. One who has posted many insightful comments. And yet, you go and become a total witch in this thread because someone didnt agree with you. Missy have you ever been to the south? I am not talking about Tennessee either. I am talking about Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia. Have you heard the accents there? I just moved from just outside of Biloxi. My dear I can assure you, Kentucky is by no stretch a southern state. Good day and God bless.
Moved where?

I am sorry if I came off as being ugly to everyone else, but it ticks me off when someone comes on here acting like Jamie did. He was nothing but rude and hateful to anyone who posted and I simply wanted to let people know he does not represent Kentucky since he isn't from there. I am now officially done with this.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejuta View Post
my name is nancy, but when i say it to non southerners,they ask maxie? or daisy? so i end up spelling it. i have the strong "a" pronunciation. also here in sd people expect you to say the capitol city of pierre like they do , peer or something like that. i tell them i have my own accent,thank you (politely). as for those who laugh at our accents. the southern accents i would say are based more on british and other eng. speaking accents. i knew an english woman in fla. she put h in front of some words without it and left it off of words that had it. so people should not laugh at anyones accent. the accents come from our ancestors. language is communicating with those you are usually around. one should try to make it easy on others trying to understand, but always be happy with your accent ,who you are,where you come from. EVERYONE has an accent to someone else.
I can't tell you hopw many times when I say my name Melissa over the phone I get"Martha?"... I have given up on trying to correct them lol

Old 03-23-2009, 03:44 PM

Dang I just noticed the dates on the OP... 2007 lol I am waaaaaaaaaay behind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky