Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 12:26 PM

1,489 posts, read 8,811,038 times

Advertisements

Im playing a gig at Acoustic Coffeehouse on Fri. I was wondering what else there is to do there?

I am staying just north of town at Red Roof Inn. What are some good places to eat . Casual dining, etc. And neat places to visit

Lemme know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2007, 01:30 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,370,745 times
Hi,
A cool, neat place is Bailey's, which is not far from where you are staying, decent food, good fun. It you want a really good meal, there is Russo's on Main St. in the King Building.
Have fun and be sure to come back to the forum and let us know what you thought of the area.

Old 07-25-2007, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
Hi,
A cool, neat place is Bailey's, which is not far from where you are staying, decent food, good fun. It you want a really good meal, there is Russo's on Main St. in the King Building.
Have fun and be sure to come back to the forum and let us know what you thought of the area.
I sure will.

Thanks !

Old 07-26-2007, 02:14 PM

506 posts, read 1,482,865 times
Although it isn't exactly right beside the Red Roof, try and go to Stirfry Cafe in North Johnson City (off State of Franklin Rd right beside Barnes & Noble). Good place to eat & drink. Usually also has good live music.

Bailey's is a fun place for a bachelor's party or a football game - other than that, it is mainly just a huge bar with bar food and video games. I think there is also one is Blacksburg, VA.

Old 07-27-2007, 05:20 PM

64 posts, read 243,983 times
Default Stirfry Cafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppalachianAngler View Post
Although it isn't exactly right beside the Red Roof, try and go to Stirfry Cafe in North Johnson City (off State of Franklin Rd right beside Barnes & Noble). Good place to eat & drink. Usually also has good live music.

Bailey's is a fun place for a bachelor's party or a football game - other than that, it is mainly just a huge bar with bar food and video games. I think there is also one is Blacksburg, VA.
Thanks for mentioning Stir Fry. I popped over there for lunch today, and was really impressed. Sat outside under a canopy, near a burbling fountain. Had hot & sour soup, moo goo gai pan, sweet tea & more soup to go for $11. Service was fantastic, too.

I also like Sitar Indian Restaurant on N. Roan next to Target and grab their lunch buffet once a week.

Old 08-05-2007, 10:43 PM

Hey,
I enjoyed Johnson City. I was just there 2 nights to do a show at Acoustic Coffeehouse. Everyone was right friendly. The Red Roof Inn wasn't bad (it was neat that there was a Books A Million and Target just right next door). I had to check out because a couple was being intimate in the room next door ( if you know what I mean). So I went over to the Hampton Inn.

I didnt get a chance to eat out much. But I got a great sandwich- one of the best Ive ever had from this place near E. TENN U. Wish I could remember the name. I found it in the phone book .

The Grand Hotel downtown is really neat. The place reminds me a lot of Harrisonburg, Virginia . Of course it felt much like the mountains of Virginia since its so close by. I didnt realize it was right on the foot of true Appalachia. It doesn't look poor or run down at all (please forgive me if that sounds ignorant, its just that Appalachia has come A LONG way) When my parents stayed out in that area it was much different.

I know my way around town there. I hope to come back on my way to Nashville its a great stop if you need to rest.

Old 08-06-2007, 06:18 AM

Glad you enjoyed your trip. Thank you so much for coming back and telling everyone about it. I love hearing others opinions of the area.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:29 AM

506 posts, read 1,482,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasinger View Post
I didnt get a chance to eat out much. But I got a great sandwich- one of the best Ive ever had from this place near E. TENN U. Wish I could remember the name. I found it in the phone book .
Poor Richard's probably.

Old 08-06-2007, 06:53 PM

You beat me to it AppalachiaAngler! lol
That hit me earlier today and I was going to come back and ask him if it could have been Poor Richards hahahahaha.

Old 08-10-2007, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppalachianAngler View Post
Poor Richard's probably.
Yes that was it. It was amazing!

Its a truly beautiful area.

And I loved the service at the hotels. I sure hope to visit again some time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol