Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 03:51 PM

31 posts, read 130,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhendri479 View Post
While everyone is on this subject of making wine, etc - can anyone give me a good site to learn how to make wine and/or fruit cordials?

Thank - Linda in NC
A good place to start: The Winemaking Home Page

Another good place in NC, Maybe near you: Winemaking kits, equipment, supplies, advice, and tutorials by grapestompers

A better place to start might be with kit wines if you haven't made wine before. You are more likely to get good results the first time (which is encouraging).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 01:11 PM

3 posts, read 10,745 times
This store doesn't seem to have a lot of wine info - a few kits and some basic supplies, but they have a LOT of stuff for brewing and for cheese making. They demo cheese making on Saturday afternoons.

Old 11-22-2008, 07:50 AM

209 posts, read 417,614 times
Epicurean Outpost looks like a nice place - the owners are very friendly & helpful. they have the cultures & stuff for cheese; was thinking of trying my hand at that & stopped in. Maybe I'll make some mozzarella next week!

Jabogitlu - the mediterranean market in Paul's Mall has meats (frozen), baklava too!, some refrigerated items and lots of canned items. Mostly Persian type ingredients. I stopped in there looking for Greek style yogurt, til I learned how to make my own.

Old 11-22-2008, 01:05 PM

19 posts, read 51,188 times
I went today because I knew they were doing a cheesemaking demo. Both owners, a lovely couple, were generous with information. The store had a pretty good selection of supplies. I think they are expanding their offerings as they go. I went in thinking I'd observe the cheesemaking.
I was so excited by the time I left that I'm making butter, ghee, and ricotta today. I also got some supplies to make wine. They had a lot of info up about supporting local foods. I recommend stopping by their shop highly.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:53 PM

7,541 posts, read 17,238,441 times
Another source for some possibly hard to find meats/foods is the Celtic Cupboard in Jonesborough. Last time I was in there I noticed they had a fridge/freezer with Shepard's pie etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol