Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 07:36 PM

10 posts, read 22,549 times

Advertisements

I found a house that looks too good to be true, says it is in a good subdivision and looks beautiful. It is Lone Star Dr. Johnson City. Is anyone familiar with this place? Have you drivin by this area? Is this right downtown? Is this an outof the way area or surrounded by busy streets? Any info would be helpful as we are out of staters and cant tell for sure about this area. Thanks in advance for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 07:54 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,323,591 times
All depends on your definition of "nice". That is one of those areas that some people love and others don't like it at all. If I am not mistaken that is out by the Laurels park, which is a beautiful, woodsy park with a lot of nice picnic tables and some trails.
There is a large mix of nice homes, modest ranch homes, small older cabin types, some nice double wides, some nice single wides, some old yucky,trashy homes and some yucky mobiles....all within a few miles of each other. Some folks don't mind all the different property types all mixed together, others do not like that at all. Bunch of real nice people out that way though. I have friends, older retired couple, that moved out that way, just north of Lone Star, I believe, and they really like it.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:04 PM

mbmouse You are great! You seem to know all the answers to my questions! Ha! Always the first to get an answer. Thanks

Old 03-18-2009, 08:23 PM

1,697 posts, read 6,806,957 times
I like that area a lot and drive by it whenever I go to Roan Mountain via Anderson Road. It's rural but still close to downtown Johnson City.

You can see the whole subdivision using Google's Street View function, and everything I saw looks very nice. The subdivision is named Scenic View, and if you search for home values using that name here, you'll find that almost all the homes are appraised at over $200K.

If the specific house you're looking at is listed on eBay for $294K ("$50,000 below appraisal," according to the ad), then I'll just tell you that the above database actually shows an appraised value of $218,400. That house last sold in '04 for $230K.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:32 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,323,591 times
Good catch Kamoshika! Gotta watch those properties for sale outside of the area it is located in.
Happy to help when ever I can Wantingtogosouth. I just happen to be on line at the same time you posted.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:40 PM

7,541 posts, read 17,238,441 times
Isn't this out closer to Okolona? It's going to be nice enough, nothing insanely fancy, all normal people -- probably mostly native east Tennesseans. No, the streets around there aren't going to be very busy. Very few streets in general, actually.

Where are you from? It's out of the way enough to maybe even be a culture shock.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:13 AM

2,172 posts, read 4,626,313 times
That is a VERY nice and semi-convenient road. All newer houses. Not in town, so nowhere near down town. Shouldn't be a busy street. About 1 mi to the interstate. You'll actually be in Elizabethton about 9 mi or 15 min to the center of JC.

Here is a nice street level view of the road from google maps:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Lone+S...00000000000001

Old 03-19-2009, 08:05 AM

1,697 posts, read 6,806,957 times
FWIW, you'd have a JC zip code (37601) but be in Carter County. Still, the heart of downtown JC (Market St./S. Roan) is just 5.8 miles away with most of that on the interstate. Total drive time to downtown should be just 9-10 min. and 12-14 min. to N. State of Franklin Rd. or the mall, and there's a Food City (grocery store) just 4 miles away. Excellent location, IMO, where it might feel like you're living out in the boonies but you're really not.

Old 03-19-2009, 02:05 PM

Thank you to everyone! We are form Nebraska. Welive in a small town and want the same feel to it when we move. No the home wasnt found on ebay, but im going to check right away to see if he is listing it there. It may be the same house! Thanks for all your help.

Old 03-19-2009, 03:50 PM

This was the house I saw! Too funny you aslo found it! Dont think this will be the house for us, This guy looks as if he is try ing to make quite a proffit on his house. He quoted us a much higher price than even listed on ebay!! He looks like He wants to take advantage of us out of staters! quess we will keep looking....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol