Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2008, 02:30 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,683,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
Was anyone else dissappointed in the Vols opener last night????SIGH
You bet! But, if it had to happen once this year, then let it be an exhibition game. It's just that those West coast teams think they are undefeatable and this lose helps boost the WC egos beyond limits!!

Old 09-02-2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Got the mantle tricked out, today!

Also adopted a dog at Young-Williams Center! He's a sharpie/hound mix. His name is Harvey, but he has to stay at the center overnight so that he can be neutered, microchipped, etc. I cried when he had to go back to his kennel and he looked really sad to see us go.

We pick him up tomorrow afternoon!

[IMG][/IMG]
Okay, how about an update on Harvey? First, thank you for adopting a companion from the shelter. Harvey will love you and give unconditional love back.

Love the wood mantle as well as the stain color. Beautiful!

Old 09-02-2008, 04:15 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,300,403 times
Okay! Just picked up Harvey!

He's 10 to 12 months, not two years, and he is supposed to be resting due to his surgery. Currently, he is dragging Fred up the street.

We walked him by the cats, yesterday. And he looked bored.

He just met Joe-Joe Jingles and it was instant hate.

Right now, we are trying to figure out if we tie him outside or crate him, tomorrow. All suggestions are welcome!

I don't think he is house trained!

Here is a picture of Harvey. He is beautiful.

I also had to take a picture of Joe-Joe Jingles because he is sooooo ticked off. He will talk to Lauren, and only Lauren.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 09-02-2008, 04:18 PM

2,063 posts, read 7,787,493 times
I must have missed a post or two... Pam congratulations on the wedding!!

I second the hope that Mrs. Bones is doing well. Seems I missed that announcement too... so happy belated anniversary.

Gailli I know what you mean, you still worry a lot when family is still in the possible path of a hurricane, or two or three! Here's hoping Suzanne is OK, your DD is OK and my DS stays out of trouble!!

HIK I think the mantle is quite striking. Nice job! Is that an antique clock or a reproduction? Hope you get your doggy home real soon. Who is more excited, you or Lauren? I know someone else who has a dog named Harvey... maybe it is actually a common dog name? LOL

Hope all is well with Bebette as well.

Gem I see you have posted a few times so I hope you are also on the mend. I have been keeping my eyes peeled for that orange 'vette.

Painter, we're hoping the colors will be good this year but I have the feeling it'll be another little while before we see them in their full glory.

Good to see Mystic and fallfanatic are still popping in. OK who did I miss?? The old memory isn't what she used to be!

Old 09-02-2008, 04:32 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,350,655 times
Auntie Em and Auntie Gem! Clickng my ruby shoes together may just be working! I could be home in like two weeks if all goes according to plan!
Em glad to hear from you!
Pam
Has anyone heard from GBH, is she ok?

Last edited by Pam& Bill; 09-02-2008 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: Wondered about GBH

Old 09-02-2008, 04:43 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
pAM YOU little stinker so you did run off didn't you, You got hitched, WOW!! I know you are just so happy and to be moving back to boot. YOU GO GIRL!!!

Harvey probably needs to be crated instead of tied considering he just got fixed and all, safety purposes. I hope your yard is fenced too. He is a cutey that is for sure.

Yup the waters are very active now, Hanna, Ike, and Josephine and then of course the unnamed one following behind. Unbelieveable!

We got an inquirey on the house this a.m., first in 5 weeks! Cross your body parts pleaaasssseeee. I just want someone to look at least you know.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
We got an inquiry on the house this a.m., first in 5 weeks! Cross your body parts pleaaasssseeee. I just want someone to look at least you know.
Ask and 'ye shall receive. All body parts crossed!! Someone is willing to look during all these storms--good omen! I'd say they must have a keen interest in your property.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:06 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
Suzanne If only that was to be true! Are you watching Hanna and Ike, sounds like an ole 60's band? Hanna doesnt know what she wants to do yet. Not sure where in Fl you are but...be safe and keep an eye on the storms.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Okay! Just picked up Harvey!

He's 10 to 12 months, not two years, and he is supposed to be resting due to his surgery. Currently, he is dragging Fred up the street.

We walked him by the cats, yesterday. And he looked bored.

He just met Joe-Joe Jingles and it was instant hate.

Right now, we are trying to figure out if we tie him outside or crate him, tomorrow. All suggestions are welcome!

I don't think he is house trained!

Here is a picture of Harvey. He is beautiful.

I also had to take a picture of Joe-Joe Jingles because he is sooooo ticked off. He will talk to Lauren, and only Lauren.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Hik, I vote for a crate as well. As long as the crate is not used for punishment for being a bad boy, dogs will take to a crate readily because of the feeling of security. Use treats, toys, etc. to encourage him to enter the crate. Tell him he's a good boy; lots of praise "such a good job" etc. And, start with maybe 30 seconds to a minute for the first time. Then, gradually lengthen his crate stays.

As for tonight, give him a potty time right before you go to bed. If he isn't potty trained, everything in your home, yard is so new, he hasn't had a chance to build in a secure feeling. He will over time; but, it takes time, too.
If no one is home with him tomorrow, he will use that 'alone' time to inspect his new digs. Dog proof what you don't want destroyed. At his age, he still has at least ONE chewing stage if not two.

Make sure he has his own blanket and one favorite toy to help him get settled.

Good Luck! He already has that look of love on his face and happy to be with a family and a great home.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:34 PM

2,197 posts, read 7,394,301 times
Hik, your dog is beautiful, your daughter is beautiful, your dog is beautiful-- not necessarily in that order! I vote for the crate... or even better, a baby gate at the kitchen door so he can move around and see out. It's too hot to keep him outside all day in this heat and humidity. Not all dogs can take the heat, and he could have a heatstroke in no time. I always baby gated my dogs in the kitchen until they were older, and it helped them learn boundaries and not piddle in the house. And piddle is sooo much easier to clean up in the kitchen.

Pam, congrats on the wedding! Happy news! I hope you find an apt soon.

Happy anniversary to the Bones! Glad to hear Mrs. Bones is mending.

So many exciting goings on. I have not had one eventful thing happen all weekend and it has been wonderful. And now there is a sunset cocktail calling my name, so I'd better go claim it. Who knew? The sky really is Carolina blue!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville