Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2006, 01:10 PM

6 posts, read 24,748 times

Advertisements

My fiance and I are considering moving out of florida since they have extremely high property taxes and homeowners insurance will skyrocket another 200% in the next two years. We simply can't afford to live in Florida. If we ever want to afford a home we will have to move out of state. I was born and raised in Orlando and let me tell you - I know all about urban sprawl since the Mouse came to town. I was a little girl then. This state will be the land of the have's and have not's. Texas and Florida are the fastest growing populations because of the illegal aliens pouring in, everyone from the North comes down here putting big strains on Medicare and the illegals on Medicaid. We get it from both sides. They also say people here don't know how to drive. THAT'S BECAUSE EVERYBODY HERE IS FROM EVERYWHERE ELSE PEOPLE !!!! Your lucky to find someone who was born here. I've been to Tennessee a few times, Pigeon Ford is the last place I would move to right along with Gatlinburg. They are exactly like going down I-Drive, the epitome of a tourist trap. No self respecting Orlandoan would be caught dead there. We are planning a trip up to Knoxville to see things there to get a look at the neighborhoods, parks and schools and also have some friends there. Could someone please post something about that area if possible? The other members of the families may get there before we do. The race is on. Who can get out the fastest.

Last edited by Saundra; 12-28-2006 at 01:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2006, 02:09 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saundra View Post
My fiance and I are considering moving out of florida since they have extremely high property taxes and homeowners insurance will skyrocket another 200% in the next two years. We simply can't afford to live in Florida. If we ever want to afford a home we will have to move out of state. I was born and raised in Orlando and let me tell you - I know all about urban sprawl since the Mouse came to town. I was a little girl then. This state will be the land of the have's and have not's. Texas and Florida are the fastest growing populations because of the illegal aliens pouring in, everyone from the North comes down here putting big strains on Medicare and the illegals on Medicaid. We get it from both sides. They also say people here don't know how to drive. THAT'S BECAUSE EVERYBODY HERE IS FROM EVERYWHERE ELSE PEOPLE !!!! Your lucky to find someone who was born here. I've been to Tennessee a few times, Pigeon Ford is the last place I would move to right along with Gatlinburg. They are exactly like going down I-Drive, the epitome of a tourist trap. No self respecting Orlandoan would be caught dead there. We are planning a trip up to Knoxville to see things there to get a look at the neighborhoods, parks and schools and also have some friends there. Could someone please post something about that area if possible? The other members of the families may get there before we do. The race is on. Who can get out the fastest.
If you go to the Tennessee Forum main page, on the right you will see Search This Forum. Click on it. Type in "school" and then hit Go. Scroll down to the bottom of the results page where you see the page numbers. Click on about the third page and find the thread dated December 13 that says, "Where To Get Tennessee School Information."

If you don't want to live in downtown Knoxville, West Knoxville is suburban. It gets less congested as you go west on Middlebrook Pike/Hardin Valley Road. Farragut is a smaller upscale town adjacent to Knoxville. utvolsfan13 recently posted a lot of information about living in downtown Knoxville in the Relocationg To Knoxville thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville