Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2012, 07:01 AM

115 posts, read 256,466 times

Advertisements

Thanks, Pam! I have 3 acquaintances in southeast TN. In Cleveland, Charleston, and near Ten Mile.
Just heard from the one by Ten Mile, storms missed him! Still waiting to hear from the other 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 07:46 AM

115 posts, read 256,466 times
Just heard from my friend in Cleveland! He's OK too!

Old 03-03-2012, 08:35 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,350,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander52 View Post
Just heard from my friend in Cleveland! He's OK too!
Great news! It is sunny and a bit chilly today, complete difference from yesterdays activity. I'm thankful for another beautiful East Tn. day.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:23 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Hugs to you Pam, for letting everyone know that I'm okay.

I still have a little bit of juice over at Comcast so this morning I called my chips in and in less than two hours I was on. Seems that the tree did NOT knock out the phone, internet and cable. KUB did when they brought the bucket truck onto the property to hook the power back up.

And the tree may have been traumatized by the accident that happened on Friday night. A vehicle with six teenagers sailed through the next door's wrought iron fence and traveled about 500 feet towards my back yard. Monday morning I noticed my 50-foot hickory was leaning - a lot. One small wind on Wednesday night and bam, it was over.

I'm beginning to think I live in the Bermuda Triangle of Knoxville!

Pam, I'll call you in a little bit. I think I'm going to contact the insurance company after all...

These storms were the worst I have ever seen in 15 years. They were the largest I've seen and never so many up and down the Tennessee and Ohio valleys. At least 28 dead from Illinois down I believe.

Old 03-03-2012, 05:17 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,350,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Hugs to you Pam, for letting everyone know that I'm okay.

I still have a little bit of juice over at Comcast so this morning I called my chips in and in less than two hours I was on. Seems that the tree did NOT knock out the phone, internet and cable. KUB did when they brought the bucket truck onto the property to hook the power back up.

And the tree may have been traumatized by the accident that happened on Friday night. A vehicle with six teenagers sailed through the next door's wrought iron fence and traveled about 500 feet towards my back yard. Monday morning I noticed my 50-foot hickory was leaning - a lot. One small wind on Wednesday night and bam, it was over.

I'm beginning to think I live in the Bermuda Triangle of Knoxville!

Pam, I'll call you in a little bit. I think I'm going to contact the insurance company after all...

These storms were the worst I have ever seen in 15 years. They were the largest I've seen and never so many up and down the Tennessee and Ohio valleys. At least 28 dead from Illinois down I believe.

OK, you live in the Bermuda Triangle of Knoxville and Petie is Robert Livingston of Knoxvile. All bases are covered.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:11 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
OK, you live in the Bermuda Triangle of Knoxville and Petie is Robert Livingston of Knoxvile. All bases are covered.
Yep! He can look at the scenery after my property disappears off the map!

Old 03-10-2012, 08:46 AM

780 posts, read 1,766,062 times
Default hello again

Hi everyone. Hik, I am still in Sevierville, actually I live in Kodak now. LadyofEngland and I are like sisters, we could not be closer friends and I have this board to thank for it. Also Alice and I are good friends also and BeachBette. This board was such a great help to me and I hope everyone out there that is reading this but afraid to post, Dont be, a great group on this board and a lot of help if you need if if you are moving to this area.

I am so glad it seems everyone made it thru the storms, Bones, glad to see you are okay, I was thinking about you during the storms.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:17 AM

610 posts, read 1,624,190 times
Default 3 Amigos

Is in today's Knoxville Groupon. Recommended by a few of our residents here on city-data.com, so stock up!

Old 03-31-2012, 09:31 AM

108 posts, read 198,388 times
I used the coupon for 3 Amigos. It was $2 off if you spend over $10, 4 off if over 20 and 6 off over 30. Pretty good deal and I definately give the food a

Old 04-17-2012, 05:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,379 times
I am looking yo move this summer down their are the schools good schools and how is the sports for children down there I have 5 boys and they need to be in a good school I am a black female how is the jobs down thete
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville