Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 05:30 AM

6,353 posts, read 11,598,384 times

Advertisements

Most of the newer subdivisions will have restrictions, I presume you will be looking at larger plots that were divided off years ago.

There will probably be more work for a realtor in Seymour, though I expect the prices to be higher than Blaine. Seymour is closer to Knoxville and has a lot of its own shopping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 04:26 PM

3 posts, read 12,358 times
Default Move to Seymour?

My wife is interviewing for a job in Sevierville and if we move to the area I will probably end up working in Knoxville. We have two small kids and education and access to extracurricular activities is very important. However, we are looking at moving to the area to have a slower lifestyle and a better quality of life (currently on the east coast) so time commuting is also an issue.

I have searched the forums and the schools around Seymour get mixed reviews. Can anyone give me first hand experience? What are the general thoughts and reputation of King's Academy? Where else should we look at that would have around a 30 min commute to Sevierville and 45 min or so to Knoxville? We will probably be making a scouting trip here in the next couple of months, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you...

Old 08-03-2013, 05:07 AM

2,124 posts, read 6,825,286 times
I know a couple with kids in Seymour but they're in preschool. I think the schools are good here, I haven't heard anything bad about them. King's Academy has been around forever....you can't find anything about it online? If you want your kids in a religious environment, I guess that's your only option. The only other town is Kodak but the drive down 66 can be bad some days. You can take back roads from Seymour to avoid traffic. From Seymour you'll be 20 min to downtown Knox and 40-45 min to Turkey Creek/Farragut.

Old 08-11-2013, 04:02 PM

9 posts, read 19,186 times
Seymour works for us. In between both the towns - 15 min. either way. Schools are great. People are great. Kings Academy is highly recommended here. Seymour Community church is also a Christian school. Soccer, baseball, tumbling, etc. is all available here. Community centers in Sevierville plus lots of things for the kids to do.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:57 AM

Thank you for the comments. We will be in town in mid September to look at the area.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:15 AM

30 posts, read 93,668 times
My family and I also live in Seymour. We really like it here. My kids attend the public schools and enjoy them. My son plays baseball at Bower park and my youngest girl is taking dancing lessons in town. People are great, and traffic is nowhere close to being as hectic at Sevierville. I work in Sevierville and my morning drive (before 7) takes about 23 minutes. The drive home is around 30 minutes.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:10 PM

1 posts, read 3,849 times
Default update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Where-will-I-be View Post
Thank you for the comments. We will be in town in mid September to look at the area.
Hi, I'm interested in seeing how you are enjoying the area, if you moved? We are job searching and hoping to move to the area, we will visit Veteran's Day weekend.
How has your experience
been so far?

Old 11-06-2013, 05:58 PM

We really enjoyed our visit and time in the Knoxville area. We spent a few days looking in the Seymour area and left with a good impression. King's Academy is a solid school. We didn't tour the public schools, but from what I have heard and researched they seem like they provide a good education. We loved west Knoxville, but the commute would probably be too far for my wife.

We haven't moved yet, but things are progressing and it looks like we will move to the area next summer.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:24 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,409,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Where-will-I-be View Post
We really enjoyed our visit and time in the Knoxville area. We spent a few days looking in the Seymour area and left with a good impression. King's Academy is a solid school. We didn't tour the public schools, but from what I have heard and researched they seem like they provide a good education. We loved west Knoxville, but the commute would probably be too far for my wife.

We haven't moved yet, but things are progressing and it looks like we will move to the area next summer.
No kids but we searched for a new place to live for 3 years and after many trips to different States, settled on Seymour and are very happy here.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:34 PM

1 posts, read 596 times
Default Seymour

Does Seymour TN have any city sewer and water for residents since it is unincorporated? Do they have a police department?

Last edited by Donnaz9999; 04-15-2019 at 01:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville