Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2010, 07:13 AM

5 posts, read 16,463 times

Advertisements

Good Morning Everyone,

I've been lurking around this forum for a few months now but this is my first post. I was wondering if anyone could provide information about Eleventh Street Lofts. I'm a 30 something single male and will be moving to Las Vegas late next year. Don't worry; I will have legitimate employment lined up before hand. Here are a few of my questions:

Have any of you lived there? How was your experience?

Not a great neighborhood. It isn't terrible, is it?

Any idea approximately what the HOA fees are currently?

Approximate commute time to Nellis from the lofts?

I've considered a single family residence but seem to keep gravitating towards the downtown area. My primary interests are Newport Lofts, Soho Lofts and similar buildings. Thanks in advance for your input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 07:40 AM

1,631 posts, read 3,952,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matttra View Post
Good Morning Everyone,

I've been lurking around this forum for a few months now but this is my first post. I was wondering if anyone could provide information about Eleventh Street Lofts. I'm a 30 something single male and will be moving to Las Vegas late next year. Don't worry; I will have legitimate employment lined up before hand. Here are a few of my questions:

I've considered a single family residence but seem to keep gravitating towards the downtown area. My primary interests are Newport Lofts, Soho Lofts and similar buildings. Thanks in advance for your input!

YOu need to go check it out for yourself some people would love it and some would hate it there is no in between. The properties you have named that interest you don't have the security like a guard gate and the security they should have for what they charge for HOA fees.

If you want close to down town that is a high security property with great amenities then you need to look at Allure, they have a gaurd gate and concierge and Valet for same price as you would pay at those other places the HOA is reasonable it is 54 cents a foot.

The only utility bill the homeowner pays is the electric/power bill and they pay for internet service to their unit if they wish to have it. Homeowners are welcome to go to the 6th floor where the amenities are and use the computers or bring their laptop and hook into the free wireless internet. The HOA covers water, trash, 80 channels of satellite TV, and all the amenities… We have a beautiful pool with cabanas and an elevated hot tub, state of the art fitness center that overlooks the pool, a conference room that you can reserve, computer area, free valet, and VIP concierge. At the homeowners expense, the concierge service can set you up with the following: absentee home care, housekeeping/maid service, dry cleaning, errand services, flowers/gift orders, grocery shopping, auto detailing/repairs, computer installation & repair, mail pick up & forwarding, pet sitting/grooming/dog walking, personal trainer, concert/show tickets, restaurant reservations, nightclub reservations, sedan/limo service/car rental, golf tee times, spa & salon appointments, travel arrangements, and more.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:48 AM

968 posts, read 2,062,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 license to sell View Post

If you want close to down town that is a high security property with great amenities then you need to look at Allure, they have a gaurd gate and concierge and Valet for same price as you would pay at those other places the HOA is reasonable it is 54 cents a foot.

Reasonable? Compared to what? Those HOA fee's are about 60% higher than the others he is looking at.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:05 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
Good Morning Everyone,

The neighborhood is pretty close to terrible. OK during the day but I would be very cautious at night. Newport and Soho are also troubled neighborhoods but better than 11th and Freemont.

HOAs at 11th are about 85. These others of course are in the 400 to 700 range.

It is straight forward to get to Nellis. Just head out LV Blvd. About 30 minutes. Seven Miles.

Old 07-03-2010, 11:18 AM

Thanks for the input 007 and olecapt. Thirty minutes to drive seven miles will definitely take some getting used to. I've followed many threads stating that's a shady area but "close to terrible" sheds a new light on things. I work in LE and hardly go anywhere unarmed; however, that would not be an ideal situation if I ever want to sell the place. Thanks again!

Old 07-03-2010, 11:45 PM

49 posts, read 172,556 times
Matttra. The neighborhood is "ghetto" but most downtown loft living is. Unless you live in East Village, or Soho NYC. Knob Hill, Potrero Hill, in SF. It's downtown living... It's no Summerlin, it's grimy ass downtown living. We are looking at those right now. I have driven there night and day all hours of the day. I want a loft and unfortunately in dumb ass Vegas you don't have to many options. Everybody asks us why do you want to live there??? (In a snobbish tone) Because we want a loft downtown feel. We know its not a great neighborhood, but walking through there at 11pm at night as a test.... nobody even bothered us.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:24 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,038,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia7377 View Post
Matttra. The neighborhood is "ghetto" but most downtown loft living is. Unless you live in East Village, or Soho NYC. Knob Hill, Potrero Hill, in SF. It's downtown living... It's no Summerlin, it's grimy ass downtown living. We are looking at those right now. I have driven there night and day all hours of the day. I want a loft and unfortunately in dumb ass Vegas you don't have to many options. Everybody asks us why do you want to live there??? (In a snobbish tone) Because we want a loft downtown feel. We know its not a great neighborhood, but walking through there at 11pm at night as a test.... nobody even bothered us.
There's a bar across the street, the Bunkhouse. I go there once in a while for the blues jam they feature on Tuesday nights. I like those lofts and I would live there. BUT you need to realize most of the folks here are very suburban and would find downtown living undesirable.

Anyway, I've spent time in the area and it's not awful. It's just downtown urban.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:15 AM

Default Thanks for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
There's a bar across the street, the Bunkhouse. I go there once in a while for the blues jam they feature on Tuesday nights. I like those lofts and I would live there. BUT you need to realize most of the folks here are very suburban and would find downtown living undesirable.

Anyway, I've spent time in the area and it's not awful. It's just downtown urban.

I'm definitely drawn to the urban nature of the area. The fact that these units have a two car garage attached is a selling point for me. The neighborhood can't be much worse than to what I'm accustomed. I've lived in Iraq and Afghanistan for the last six years. One more year here and then it's time to get a real job.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:25 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,038,208 times
Quote:
I'm definitely drawn to the urban nature of the area. The fact that these units have a two car garage attached is a selling point for me. The neighborhood can't be much worse than to what I'm accustomed. I've lived in Iraq and Afghanistan for the last six years. One more year here and then it's time to get a real job.
I agree those garages are a nice feature. I've seen inside them and talked to one resident who likes the development.

Old 07-06-2010, 11:16 PM

49 posts, read 172,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post

Well said... downtown urban. It's a lifestyle. You either love it or don't. Your right most people are suburban. We live in Snoberlin right now and hope to get a loft soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas