Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 03:19 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times

Advertisements

WOW 4 days and you ALREADY went to court......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2012, 05:42 PM

3 posts, read 3,841 times
thanks for replying..no we did not break the lease. And there was nothing about cleaning the carpet in the lease.... I already went to court...but i do not if I should give them my new address since I already know they are not going to send me a check and I have already sue them... Should I send it to them anyways?

Please advise

Thanks

Old 05-19-2012, 09:03 PM

2,076 posts, read 4,073,195 times
No, I seriously doubt you went to court yet.

You would have had to send him a certified letter, waited for the return receipt, filed that with the court, had him served, scheduled an appearance, and attended.

No possible way that all happened in less than a month. I've been to small claims, just getting to court takes 3-5 months depending on the case load of the court.

So now that we know you like to stretch the truth. I don't think the rest of your story matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcela1982 View Post
thanks for replying..no we did not break the lease. And there was nothing about cleaning the carpet in the lease.... I already went to court...but i do not if I should give them my new address since I already know they are not going to send me a check and I have already sue them... Should I send it to them anyways?

Please advise

Thanks

Old 05-19-2012, 09:33 PM

2,724 posts, read 4,763,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieJeff View Post
No, I seriously doubt you went to court yet.

You would have had to send him a certified letter, waited for the return receipt, filed that with the court, had him served, scheduled an appearance, and attended.

No possible way that all happened in less than a month. I've been to small claims, just getting to court takes 3-5 months depending on the case load of the court.

So now that we know you like to stretch the truth. I don't think the rest of your story matters.
The demand letter alone is a 10-day minimum turnaround

Old 06-03-2012, 09:28 PM

3 posts, read 3,841 times
I misunderstood your question. I did went to court and file the claim but we got the court date for next year....I thought you were referring to just going to court to file the claim...I'm sorry for the confusion and thanks for your time anyways....

Old 06-04-2012, 12:55 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcela1982 View Post
hi, We moved out on April 30, 2012 and our ex-landlord said that he was not going to give us back our deposit check because we did not clean the carpet and there were some damages made to the apartment (damages that were already in the apartment). He said he was going to deduct money for the repairs and cleaning of the carpet and send us the reaming money (if there was anything left) to our new place. My husband and I went to the small claim court to sue him because he already said he was not going to give us back our deposit and we are sure he wants to keep the whole check. Should I send him my new address? did I make a mistake going to court so early?
Please advise. Thanks
When you did the walk-thru, when you first examined the apartment, did you have the owner put in the lease, the PRESENT damages before you moved in? Such as back door damaged, front screen torn, ect?

That way, he would have a heck of a time charging you for damages that were already there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: