Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 10:56 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times

Advertisements

I have lived here for almost 50 years...I RARELY lock my car at home... never in the company parking garage...usually in a mall parking lot... have NEVER had a car stolen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 11:48 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,947,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
It's too bad there wasn't some system to get the drunk drivers home properly. Seems like there would be a lot of money to make for someone who does that.

(I'm not thinking taxis either). But some other system, either a drunk bus of some kind, or some company that hires a person to drive the drunk home in their own car - but has someone else follow them to bring them back.

Seems like there has got to be some system or business opportunity somewhere in there - and it would make a mint.
They had this in MI, called The Designate. I don't think it is operating anymore. Not sure why except that I am not sure I would want to drive drunks around. They can be pretty obnoxious and puke-y. Eww. At least in would be in their own car but still...ick.

I would pay the price because it is a much smaller price to pay than sleeping on a jail slab AND the court costs...God forbid you wipe some innocent person out.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:40 PM

12 posts, read 22,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
YES.....in MANY HOA's....hopefully in more. [not a pit fan]
My stepson brought home a 5 week old Shar Pei[Chinese Pit Bull]
Raised in a VERY loving family with two other dogs for 18 months...NEVER any violence...not even a loud voice.
One day he decided he didnt like my wifes Sheltie and he went for his throat.
Wife an I managed to puill him off and step son was given one hour to get rid of him in any way possible.
I will NEVER have another bull type

Shar Pei is not a chinese pit bull. Not even remotely. Your comment on this matter is redundant. Very few dogs are born bad. Bully breed dogs less so. You seem intelligent, you should educate yourself before making any more judgement in open forums.
So the answer is NO, LV does not have any bylaws. Thanks for the story on how you think SP's are the same as Pitties(WRONG) and how a 3 min check on line would have told you the dangers of SP's. Good thing it was just the Sheltie and not a child your lack of research put in jepordy. Before you get another dog, maybe look into things like "pack order", "k9 behavior" and "food possesive traits." Maybe there wont be an enviroment created by you that wont get anyone hurt. Very loving families are not the best enviroment for dogs. Structured ones are.

Old 01-14-2011, 04:13 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
Bullcrap

Old 01-16-2011, 06:10 PM

270 posts, read 535,061 times
Default thanks

Beth---your honest and direct post is very helpful as I weigh options regarding a new job and move from NJ to the Henderson area.

Old 01-16-2011, 06:32 PM

84 posts, read 152,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethp8 View Post

* Whatever house you buy will likely have crappy insulation that will render your A/C useless on the south side of the house in August. As much as you pick your neighborhood and landscaping, think about the climate when you are house shopping.
VERY true. Helped a buddy spray insulation in his attic this weekend and there were many areas where the sheetrock was exposed. it was rated at R-30 but maybe just around the attic entrance. I would suggest taking a look in your attic before the summer to ensure you have adequate insulation.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:18 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,321,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winknod View Post
I think my next purchase is going to be replacement windows. The single pane windows with the reflective coating were great in the summer, but my heating bill is going to be crazy this winter!
You'll be amazed. Double-paned windows will make a huge difference in your heating and cooling costs -- plus your home will be a lot quieter. In LV or anywhere.

Old 01-17-2011, 12:34 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,934,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Bullcrap

LOL such open-mindedness when the facts are actually out there to prove that you're wrong.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:05 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times
Dynimagelv is wrong that a Shar Pei is any way related to a pit bull, but his premise is right. My mom was obsessed with them, and she got her first one back in 1987. My dad and her drove up to Heber and paid $1,500 for her. Shar Pei's are much more vicious in general than a pit, the only difference being that they can not do as much damage as a pit. Shar Pei's were actually called Chinese fighting dogs before they brought them here.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:13 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
My SharPie is very gentle...though it can leave a mean streak...

Spoiler
()
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas