Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 12:14 PM

145 posts, read 491,010 times

Advertisements

Looking into buying a second home for appreciation purposes in the future inHenderson/GV area. I am ONLY interested in homes that are located within 24 hour GUARD gated communities. I would prefer the complex to include a clubhouse with gym, pool, tennis, golfing, basketball courts and VERY importantly walking trailes, and MUST be relativelhy close to shopping, restaurants, movie theaters. Would like to find a VERY QUIET area and upper middle class area if possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 11:31 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,817,252 times
Real estate agent time then.
Cause thats a lot to digest.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:57 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,215,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vox View Post
Looking into buying a second home for appreciation purposes in the future inHenderson/GV area. I am ONLY interested in homes that are located within 24 hour GUARD gated communities. I would prefer the complex to include a clubhouse with gym, pool, tennis, golfing, basketball courts and VERY importantly walking trailes, and MUST be relativelhy close to shopping, restaurants, movie theaters. Would like to find a VERY QUIET area and upper middle class area if possible.
There are 11. The trails is the killer...There are 3 below $500K and 1 below $200K.

Without the trails there are about 100 with 30 below $500K.

Anthem Country Club is the most likely answer.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:27 AM

^ Thank you. That is exactly what we are looking for!! I assume it is a very safe community, relatively free of crime. I didn't see if it had walking trails or not, does it? Also, how far away am I from "The District" at Green Valley from here? If I'm relatively close, then this looks like a perfect location. Also, I tried finding HOA prices, but had a difficult time. Any idea what I should expect to pay? I am really impressed with their amenities.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:49 AM

2,076 posts, read 4,075,236 times
olecapt is definitely more qualified than I, but as for guard gated I like Hillsboro Heights which is very close to The District.

Quail Ridge is an older community in the heart of Green Valley which has some spectacular mature landscaping (very green, doesn't even feel like Las Vegas), nice homes, nice walking area inside the community, tennis courts, clubhouse.

I think you're looking around $300/mo HOA for either of those.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:07 AM

^ I checked out Quail Ridge, and it was very nice, but it seemed that many of the homes were older, which I didn't particularly want to invest in. Hillsboro Heights is close, but I don't believe it offered the plethora of amenities that Anthem Country Club offers. Everything my wife and I love Anthem Country Club seems to offer, from restaurants, to yoga classes, to Tennis instructors, to golfing. With all that they offer, I probably would hardly ever even leave.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:12 PM

Anthem CC is definitely nice, one of my friends lives up there.

Only downside I can think to Anthem is the fact there is only one way in and out and traffic can be pretty bad during commute times.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:48 PM

^ I am use to LA traffic, having had to drive the 405 from Newport Beach up to Burbank 3 days a week. Trust me, nothing I have ever seen(aside from "the Strip" during a holiday weekend), could even compare to that hellish traffic. I also like the fact there is only one way in and out, that tends to detract criminal activity. Is Anthem close to "The District"?

Old 02-01-2011, 06:10 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,215,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vox View Post
^ I am use to LA traffic, having had to drive the 405 from Newport Beach up to Burbank 3 days a week. Trust me, nothing I have ever seen(aside from "the Strip" during a holiday weekend), could even compare to that hellish traffic. I also like the fact there is only one way in and out, that tends to detract criminal activity. Is Anthem close to "The District"?
It is not far as the crow flies but we are not able to use that routing...so a pretty long distance. Basically north down eastern to horizon ridge then across to GV parkway or some such. 20 minutes or so. Probably as quick to get to M or Southpoint. The shopping and restaurants would be those along Eastern.

Use to do the daily 405 from the 605 to the airport. That was fun...

Old 02-01-2011, 08:01 PM

You can catch Sunridge Heights fairly close to Anthem Pkwy and it turns into Green Valley Parkway which will take you right to The District bypassing Eastern which can be a big mess depending on traffic.

I agree, even though it isn't very far as the crow flies, it's gonna be 15-20 minute drive depending on where you're at in Anthem and traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
It is not far as the crow flies but we are not able to use that routing...so a pretty long distance. Basically north down eastern to horizon ridge then across to GV parkway or some such. 20 minutes or so. Probably as quick to get to M or Southpoint. The shopping and restaurants would be those along Eastern.

Use to do the daily 405 from the 605 to the airport. That was fun...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: