Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 04:26 PM

180 posts, read 391,717 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have knowledge of these condos would they be good for a second home. Are they in a safe area with some shopping near by.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 01:53 AM

848 posts, read 1,724,566 times
It is a decent area in Spring Valley on Tropicana and Rainbow. Near the Spring Valley Hospital and a large shopping center, The Arroyo Market Square.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:14 AM

2 posts, read 3,686 times
I want to know how HOA think they can take my condo way from us when they don't pay the note on it we do and we are up to date on payments they are just mad that we wont pay any more then the HOA payments and not the reserver they think we need to pay cause they lost money and they don't know where it is over 14 thousand that is crazy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........ ................... need feed back please i have smoke comeing out my ears im soooooo mad and I just moved here from Texas very bad welcome Vegas is giveing me remember I tell 5 people and then they tell 5 people and on and on need I say more Texas is a very big, Large State I love it here don't put a bad teaste in my mouth please

Old 05-15-2011, 08:07 AM

180 posts, read 391,717 times
@Martha
Not sure what your post has top do with the condos I was asking about if you starteda deperate thread on the HOA you are having an issue with I'm sure someone will be able to give you some advice
We are looking at possibly purchaseing one at Vizcaya and want to know about it

Old 05-15-2011, 05:06 PM

412 posts, read 916,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Cain View Post
I want to know how HOA think they can take my condo way from us when they don't pay the note on it we do and we are up to date on payments they are just mad that we wont pay any more then the HOA payments and not the reserver they think we need to pay cause they lost money and they don't know where it is over 14 thousand that is crazy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........ ................... need feed back please i have smoke comeing out my ears im soooooo mad and I just moved here from Texas very bad welcome Vegas is giveing me remember I tell 5 people and then they tell 5 people and on and on need I say more Texas is a very big, Large State I love it here don't put a bad teaste in my mouth please
If the information about the budget deficit was hidden or documents falsified so you had no way of knowing about this, then someone with the HOA and/or property management company probably needs to be sued or criminally charged for fraud and maybe embezzlement. Lucky it was only $14,000. FBI Raids Las Vegas Condo Association-Alleged Embezzlement :: HOA Law Blog

If it was clearly listed in the HOA budget documents that you are supposed to read before you commit to purchase, then you should have read them and either not purchased or been prepared for assessments and future dues increases.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:27 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NU2LV View Post
Does anyone have knowledge of these condos would they be good for a second home. Are they in a safe area with some shopping near by.
Thanks
2007 condo conversion of 1987 apartments. This one was even relatively cheap in 2007...and has still crashed to about 1/3 of initial price.

The neighborhood is fine. Right across the street from Spanish Trails. Reasonable access to any needed service on Rainbow to the north mostly.

It is however virtually certain to end up virtually all renter and is a condo conversion of a 24 year old apartment complex which was likely not very well built in the first place.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Cain View Post
Stop smoking. Pay the bill. They will take the place if you have any equity. If you are well under water consider other course of action. But think about it hard. The obvious is to stop paying your mortgage and let the whole thing go to the bank.

But don't be mad...mad people do stupid things.

@Tires. Paradise Palms is not really an HOA deal. The guy running the HOA actually owns more than half the place. More a slum lord screwing around.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Stop smoking. Pay the bill. They will take the place if you have any equity. If you are well under water consider other course of action. But think about it hard. The obvious is to stop paying your mortgage and let the whole thing go to the bank.

But don't be mad...mad people do stupid things.

@Tires. Paradise Palms is not really an HOA deal. The guy running the HOA actually owns more than half the place. More a slum lord screwing around.
The one guy is the treasurer of the HOA, so the HOA is involved even if one were to believe he hid it from every other member of the HOA board and the property management. He is part of the HOA board.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tires View Post
The one guy is the treasurer of the HOA, so the HOA is involved even if one were to believe he hid it from every other member of the HOA board and the property management. He is part of the HOA board.
Yes of course. Listen again. He is the HOA because he owns more than half the units.

They can't vote him out. He controls. Got it. Yes he is guilty of a crime it appears. But no it is not of the berserk HOA sort.

There is lots of fun HOA stuff.. this just is not one of them. Following Ms Quan and her merry band who are all going to get indicted one of these months...and that should be a really interesting set of people.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Yes of course. Listen again. He is the HOA because he owns more than half the units.

They can't vote him out. He controls. Got it. Yes he is guilty of a crime it appears. But no it is not of the berserk HOA sort.

There is lots of fun HOA stuff.. this just is not one of them. Following Ms Quan and her merry band who are all going to get indicted one of these months...and that should be a really interesting set of people.
Even if he can't be voted out, unless he has accomplices working with him on the board, the other board members could have voted among themselves to select a new treasurer and put him in a position where he does not handle the money and books. The other members and any property management company should have been paying more attention to what was going on before it got to the level of $1 million dollars of missing money.
The damage has already been done though. He should be going to jail. When you see a person committing an actual crime of embezzling money, you have more options than throwing up your hands and saying we can't do anything because he owns the majority of units.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: