Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 03:20 PM

1,812 posts, read 3,360,764 times

Advertisements

Was wondering if it's a good time to go. I am not your typical American. I do not get into this holiday, Not into the family thing nor do I eat turkey. I am a very young person into the Hipster scene more then I am into the family holiday scene.

Are hotels lower in price? how is the entertainment? What is the crowds aka population of tourists?

thank you for your responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 08:23 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,365,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
Was wondering if it's a good time to go. I am not your typical American. I do not get into this holiday, Not into the family thing nor do I eat turkey. I am a very young person into the Hipster scene more then I am into the family holiday scene.

Are hotels lower in price? how is the entertainment? What is the crowds aka population of tourists?

Las Vegas is always busy, especially on weekends. But most three day weekends we are packed, which means room rates go up. Also on American Holidays we get a ton of foreign guests, especially Asians. But would you really want to come to Las Vegas when things are quiet? Not a hipster like you I wouldn't think. More wimmin raises your odds considerably.

Las Vegas always has been and always will be the entertainment capital of the world ...always. The weather in November is usually perfect. Might even need a light sweater at night.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:37 PM

i noticed that the rates are lower for Thanksgiving on line at all the high end hotels. and I called a few and they said that Thx Give has the lowest weekend rates

some hotel concierges have stated some shows on THanx and Xmas are not avail since it is a family holly

Old 08-23-2011, 09:48 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,044,201 times
Before I moved here, I almost always came out for Thanksgiving. It's a fun weekend. Lots of people who don't do the family thing are here and ready to party.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:51 PM

1,460 posts, read 2,809,359 times
Quote:

Nah people use any excuse to come here. People even come for Xmas of all things. Of course not everyone celebrates Xmas. The buffets on Turkey day have lines all the way to Barstow.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:02 AM

Quote:
i noticed that the rates are lower for Thanksgiving on line at all the high end hotels. and I called a few and they said that Thx Give has the lowest weekend rates

some hotel concierges have stated some shows on THanx and Xmas are not avail since it is a family holly
People do tend to stay at home on Thanksgiving, and the next day is Black Friday when they spend all their money Christmas shopping. So it's probably not as busy as most three day weekends. But Californians tend to take advantage of three day weekends, even extending them to four day weekends, and they make a beeline for Las Vegas. We usually get out of town if we can, unless we spend the day with the extended family here. At Christmas there are always so many Buddhist Asians here that you will wait in long lines for restaurants and wonder what everyone is saying. Local restaurants close on Christmas and Thanksgiving though, so locals not cooking at home will go out to eat at hotels. Some shows do go dark around those holidays, but not all of them.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:06 AM

Believe it or not, there are more religions in the world that do not celebrate Christmas than do. We also get lots of Jewish people on Christmas Day because the Strip is the only place open for business that day.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:24 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,124,231 times
Thanksgiving is slow until the beginning of that week then it fills up....not capacity but close....Cmas is sllllowww for Xmas day until two days before then damned near every buddist in the world wants to come to vegas and the room rates skyrocket....

Book early book cheap....and Keep Las Vegas Green

Bring money.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:53 AM

i think this is going to work out fine ......... not too crowded yeahhhhhhhh.

gonna do Hard Rock Hotel and hit a few of the other hotels for fun.

Old 08-26-2011, 07:00 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,904,912 times
You can come here for Thanksgiving or on any holiday. We party on all holidays here. You might even find turkey at the buffets. You can also consider Canada to escape traditional Thanksgiving because it is not even a holiday there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: