Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 12:05 PM

7 posts, read 8,924 times

Advertisements

Hello my wife and I are looking to move to Nevada Las Vegas area and in October we are going to Las Vegas to have a look around while staying at the Hard Rock Hotel.

We are both in our 30's and look very young for our age. We are both white I'm all Italian and she is a mix German / Russian. We both have the option of working from home as my wife and her sister have their own business so needing a job not a worry. We both make above average in money so here are my question

We would like to know the bad areas the good and the above average areas of Las Vegas. I ask the bad areas because I don't want to drive in an area that's bad and not know my way around and also not to waste my time in these areas. I guess 20-30 minutes away from the strip is fine we are both fun and love the Vegas night life so keep that in mind as well. But we are looking to rent in an luxury complex or a home to start to see if we like it before we buy a home. So if anyone here could help us that would be great!

P.S We don't plan on having kids

Last edited by loot55; 09-20-2011 at 12:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 12:12 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,986 times
loot, this question has been asked probably hundreds of times on this thread, so you'll want to do a forum search and read all the advice given. It all still applies today. Good: Summerlin, Green Valley Ranch, many parts of Henderson, Southern Highands. Bad: North LV, downtown. These are generalities, but like I said, you need to go back and read all those threads. Good luck.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:45 PM

Thanks so much for the reply

When you say Summerlin aren't there a few Summerlins?

What are the better parts of Henderson?

Also I been reading about Athem?

Old 09-20-2011, 01:22 PM

932 posts, read 2,348,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loot55 View Post

Only one Summerlin, but several distinct villages within it.

It's generally considered one of the safest and most desirable places in the valley to live, but you'll pay more to live there than you will elsewhere for a comparable house.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:59 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,996,765 times
Quote:
We are both white
If whiteness is such a concern, then Summerlin. It's as white as this town gets.

Old 09-20-2011, 05:33 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,921,814 times
Quote:

To clear up any confusion, Summerlin is one master-planned community with many little "villages" within. All of Summerlin is nice.

The general Summerlin area will fit mostly within these boundaries: west of Rampart/Ft Apache, south of Lake Mead, north of Flamingo. (Not perfect boundaries, but close enough)

Quote:
Also I been reading about Athem?
Anthem is one of the nicer parts of Henderson, along with Green Valley Ranch, Seven Hills, etc.

Old 09-20-2011, 05:58 PM

Just looked up Seven Hills look pretty nice.

Old 09-20-2011, 07:19 PM

186 posts, read 434,357 times
I LOVE green valley ranch but it feels very suburban to me (used to live in Chicago proper; loved that too). It works for me because I have a family but I'm not sure what kind of night life you'll find. That said, for various reasons I don't get out much so maybe I'm missing a lot. I probably am LOL

sent from my phone using tapatalk, please excuse typos.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:31 PM

399 posts, read 694,103 times
Far North Las Vegas and Aliante area's are very nice too.

Old 09-21-2011, 12:58 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,159,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
If whiteness is such a concern, then Summerlin. It's as white as this town gets.
I think there are some white people in Aliante also. Maybe Olecapt has a Vegas map of the concentration of where all the white people live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas