Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 05:53 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,639,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaBabe View Post
Yeah, I was a Flight Attendant before...easy. Or are you saying you fly planes as a Pilot?
Nope.
I sit INSIDE the place
and let the Pilots fly me, I don't care how we get there, as long as I arrive where it says on the ticket.

Which airline where you a FA?

I had a friend who was a FA on TWA and they MAJORLY sc*ewed her
-- > M A J O R L Y < - -

I'm sure Pan Am, and Braniff did the same.

Jonathan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 06:18 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,580,240 times
you should be excited you will see a lot of cool stuff on your trip

I saw mobile, new orleans, houston, san antonio, el paso, tucson, and phoenix before finally arriving in las vegas

all places I have never been or seen before, the road trip was the most amazing adventure of my life and something I will never forget

Old 12-15-2011, 07:32 PM

1,460 posts, read 2,808,775 times
I've conquered all my fears and only have one left. Someday I will do it but not yet.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:46 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,580,240 times
My biggest fear is bees, I'm mortally TERRIFIED of them, that may be my one fear I may NEVER conquer

Old 12-15-2011, 08:47 PM

49 posts, read 54,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
I've conquered all my fears and only have one left. Someday I will do it but not yet.
Okay, what is it? Care to share?

Old 12-15-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
My biggest fear is bees, I'm mortally TERRIFIED of them, that may be my one fear I may NEVER conquer
Interesting fear. Were stung by one before? I have been stung twice in my life and it hurt pretty bad, but not the worst pain Ive ever had. Or is yours more like a phobic kind of fear?

I am afraid of spiders. They just gross me out. Like in the movie Home Alone....I could have never of held a tarantula like that!!! Makes my skin crawl. If one is in my house I need a long broom stick to kill it...I just can't get close. Uggggh. YUCK. Those suckers can run/crawl pretty fast too.

Last edited by BellaBabe; 12-15-2011 at 09:05 PM..

Old 12-15-2011, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
Nope.
I sit INSIDE the place
and let the Pilots fly me, I don't care how we get there, as long as I arrive where it says on the ticket.

Which airline where you a FA?

I had a friend who was a FA on TWA and they MAJORLY sc*ewed her
-- > M A J O R L Y < - -

Im sure Pan Am, and Braniff did the same.

Jonathan
I am not trying to downplay your friend's situation, but ANY job can scr*w you. Too bad to hear that.

Overall,being a FA doesnt suck if you LOVE to travel.....for FREE. Only part that sucks is when you want to have both feet on the ground, like seeing a significant other/kids every night. If you don't care to see them much tho, it wasnt bad for me. lol.The travel benefits are awesome. I have been everywhere.....flying is easy, driving is harder for me as in doing it ALONE and the UNKNOWN. Im gonna see it as an adventure now. You guys have me convinced tho.....Im just gonna do it. I really have no choice or I wont be relocating. lol. OH AND TRUST I AM OUTTA HERE.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
you should be excited you will see a lot of cool stuff on your trip

I saw mobile, new orleans, houston, san antonio, el paso, tucson, and phoenix before finally arriving in las vegas

all places I have never been or seen before, the road trip was the most amazing adventure of my life and something I will never forget

SWEET! You have me excited.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:51 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,491,104 times
Don't worry abour it, I mean it's not like you'll be driving in some godforsaken 3rd world foreign county, this is America, our infrastaructure is top notch, our emergency service people are top notch, our road system is top notch, you'll always have something to fall back on

Old 12-16-2011, 09:20 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,159,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaBabe View Post
SWEET! You have me excited.
Whoa! Calm down.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: