Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 11:40 PM

15 posts, read 40,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBelle_81 View Post
where are the good school districts in las vegas? my husband and i are planning to start a family soon.
my husband's friend said not to get a house in summerlin because it is far and traffic is bad. is there an alternative?
There are no good school districts in Vegas. Most of the people I know have their kids in private schools. I know parents at my kids' private school who are themselves teachers at public schools, and refuse to put their own kids in public schools in Vegas.
If you're Coming from Southern California, you don't have to worry about traffic in Vegas. You should be concerned about stupid drivers and lots of accidents though. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 09:23 AM

99 posts, read 163,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeV View Post
virg1123, you mentioned "throwing hints" about moving. Do your co-workers actually have to agree in order for you to make this decision? If so, it sounds as if you might be waiting a long time.

I'm also a female, though not single. That said, Las Vegas is pretty mild on many accounts. Bottom line is you get a job (if you need one), get a place to stay, buy food, etc. Same thing you'd do anywhere.

SoCal is also pretty wonderful. I'd say it would be hard to choose which one is best for you without visiting.
Good Morning...actually the other day at work I told them I was looking into moving to either Vegas/San Diego...the responses were "Oh please don't leave us!" to..."Oh that would be so healthy for you"...being recently widow some think it just 'running away'....Not true....Anyway Thank You so much for the response I will continue to do my homework on Vegas/SanDiego...I have much to do here also to get things moving...I must work....one income until age 60...but I realize life is SHORT..so Vegas/Diego here I come...I think..just kidding....Have a wonderful day....

Old 06-12-2012, 09:32 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,299,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virg1123 View Post
Good Morning...actually the other day at work I told them I was looking into moving to either Vegas/San Diego...the responses were "Oh please don't leave us!" to..."Oh that would be so healthy for you"...being recently widow some think it just 'running away'....Not true....Anyway Thank You so much for the response I will continue to do my homework on Vegas/SanDiego...I have much to do here also to get things moving...I must work....one income until age 60...but I realize life is SHORT..so Vegas/Diego here I come...I think..just kidding....Have a wonderful day....
I'm from SE Iowa and moved to Des Moines in 2001. Before that move I REALLY considered San Diego. It had everything from great weather (though not usually hot enough for my taste) to losts to do, to a really great music scene (was married to a musician). The only downside I could find was the cost of living...which is crazy high in SD. That is what is so appealing about Las Vegas, low COL!

Old 06-12-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I'm from SE Iowa and moved to Des Moines in 2001. Before that move I REALLY considered San Diego. It had everything from great weather (though not usually hot enough for my taste) to losts to do, to a really great music scene (was married to a musician). The only downside I could find was the cost of living...which is crazy high in SD. That is what is so appealing about Las Vegas, low COL!
Morning, when are you considering moving to LV? I live not far from Des Moines, 60 miles, the last 3 years traveled to Des Moines constantly for my husband cancer treatments at John Stoddard Cancer Center....I really, really am lost between the 2 locations, San Diego my dream world, LV better for cost of living.....Will keep researching but hope to move before the winter hits. I know this past winter was mild but I feel that we will be right back to the same old winter weather,. will keep you updated....hope you make the move soon also....

Old 06-12-2012, 11:32 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,299,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virg1123 View Post
Morning, when are you considering moving to LV? I live not far from Des Moines, 60 miles, the last 3 years traveled to Des Moines constantly for my husband cancer treatments at John Stoddard Cancer Center....I really, really am lost between the 2 locations, San Diego my dream world, LV better for cost of living.....Will keep researching but hope to move before the winter hits. I know this past winter was mild but I feel that we will be right back to the same old winter weather,. will keep you updated....hope you make the move soon also....
If all goes well, it will be January for me!

Old 06-12-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
If all goes well, it will be January for me!
I undertstand the "If all goes well" thing, thats my feeling exactly. One girl at work joked with me about leaving before 12-21-2012..I am always teasing her about that date so maybe my move will also be in January. Time flies so I hate to drag my feet for too long...Best of luck in your move, hope we both & everyone else on this forum find their "DREAMS"....Vegas is probably the best choice for me but people still try to scare me about living there..why? I don't know....Ok I better mediate on this perhaps a tiny voice will tell me the right thing to do. I hope to keep reading on your progress, have a great day.....

Old 07-09-2012, 10:24 PM

2 posts, read 2,844 times
IF you like living indoors then move here, lol there is not 1/3 of things to do in las vegas that there is in California, ive been here 9 years moved for wrong reasons and indeed prisoner of indoors because the weather is brutal and i rather a condo and live outdoors lifestyle than a big house you are stuck in for 90 percent of the time because theres just a handful of things (if that) which you can do without blowing away, melting away, or freezing so good luck. The worse is once youre here its hard to move back, for many I know but all regret it !!!

Old 07-09-2012, 10:57 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,124,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Black View Post
There are no good school districts in Vegas. Most of the people I know have their kids in private schools. I know parents at my kids' private school who are themselves teachers at public schools, and refuse to put their own kids in public schools in Vegas.
If you're Coming from Southern California, you don't have to worry about traffic in Vegas. You should be concerned about stupid drivers and lots of accidents though. Good luck!
SUE2004 IF you like living indoors then move here, lol there is not 1/3 of things to do in las vegas that there is in California, ive been here 9 years moved for wrong reasons and indeed prisoner of indoors because the weather is brutal and i rather a condo and live outdoors lifestyle than a big house you are stuck in for 90 percent of the time because theres just a handful of things (if that) which you can do without blowing away, melting away, or freezing so good luck. The worse is once youre here its hard to move back, for many I know but all regret it !!!
06-12-2012 11:24 AM

[/quote]

We have a tie for 1st place in the ID-10T Club

Old 07-22-2012, 02:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVPoker1 View Post
OP, .......like the other things that come with it.

Like what?

Old 07-22-2012, 10:02 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,809,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yocrackattack View Post
Like what?
Weather.

Easy commute - Little driving congestion

Low cost of living

World's best entertainment.

Good restaurants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas