Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 08:51 AM

134 posts, read 177,887 times

Advertisements

For the record I'm only a jerk if they're riding my bumper. I don't appreciate that at all. When they ride my bumper yes, I'm a jerk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 09:30 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vxflyboy View Post
For the record I'm only a jerk if they're riding my bumper. I don't appreciate that at all. When they ride my bumper yes, I'm a jerk
Right, so let me get this straight: You CHOOSE to use the left lane, knowing that others are going to want to pass you, yet you think they are rude for riding your bumper. Conversely, if the people trying to get around you are courteous to you by NOT riding your bumper, you still stay in the left lane thinking they are going at your speed (behind you) willingly. If they try to flash you with their headlights to communicate to you to move over, you consider it rude also. How else should someone behind you communicate your slowness to you?

Who's the rude one again?

Old 01-16-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Right, so let me get this straight: You CHOOSE to use the left lane, knowing that others are going to want to pass you, yet you think they are rude for riding your bumper. Conversely, if the people trying to get around you are courteous to you by NOT riding your bumper, you still stay in the left lane thinking they are going at your speed (behind you) willingly. If they try to flash you with their headlights to communicate to you to move over, you consider it rude also. How else should someone behind you communicate your slowness to you?

Who's the rude one again?
No, no, no. You have it wrong. If they are riding my bumper in the right lane I switch to the left lane and then keep up with the traffic in the right lane. No they cannot pass. I prolly confused everyone. My bad. Sometimes I have a hard time making myself clear. I don't always drive in the left lane just to tick people off. Sorry I wasn't clear. I'm rarely on the Interstate anyway. Everywhere I need to go is accessible via side streets unless I have to go to the bank.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:24 AM

1,376 posts, read 3,083,141 times
Quote:
I drive the speed LIMIT. If it's the limit there is no reason for them to be speeding. I'm not breaking the law.....they are. If they are running that far behind schedule they should have left earlier. I plan ahead. It's not my fault if they don't. St. Louis drivers were more courteous than Las Vegas drivers. Utah drivers?........about the same as Las Vegas
So you're one of those upholders of the law that feels it's their moral obligation to prohibit people from exceeding the speed limit.

From your other post about blocking the people - that's real stupid and can easily get you killed. In fact if you value your life stay away from LA freeways because you WILL get shot.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:00 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
Quote:
nope a jerk is a jerk is a jerk.....

Old 01-16-2013, 11:05 AM

Ok I'm a jerk.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:12 AM

2,366 posts, read 2,640,686 times
If the right lane is not occupied, get in it. It's that simple.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:14 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Quote:
Yup. same here. Folks here are more rude than other places I have lived (which includes Texas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Idaho and Utah) so I just usually **** them off and hang in the left lane driving juuuuuuuust fast enough to keep up with the right hand lane where they cannot pass. Ha Ha Ha Ha. Take THAT!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
and people wonder why someone thinks LV drivers are rude.
If I understand this correctly the drivers in LV that are rude are actually a bunch of jerks from somewhere else. Interesting...

Old 01-16-2013, 11:14 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,808,775 times
I have kids to think about, I don't **** people off on purpose. No need to play tough guy. If someone wants to get around me I help them out.

My objective when driving is to make it from point a to point b alive, not trying to set land speed records or teach others proper driving courtesy. I just relax and let the type A people get around me.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:17 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
I have kids to think about, I don't **** people off on purpose. No need to play tough guy. If someone wants to get around me I help them out.

My objective when driving is to make it from point a to point b alive, not trying to set land speed records or teach others proper driving courtesy. I just relax and let the type A people get around me.
I always figure that they are occupying the highway patrol so I don't have to be concerned about getting a ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas