Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 02:35 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,792,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV10101 View Post
It's not about people who "don't like the heat". This type of heat is very dangerous...like and dangerous two different things.
Wow, it's weird that so many people love danger..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2015, 02:49 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,816,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Guam, Alaska.....

I'll bet plenty of Alaska would even beat out Clark County, if this study was complete.

And notice that San Bernardino County rates highly. So, obviously, this study has flaws. My hometown did well, of course. And maybe that's the takeaway -- if you move from a [excrement]hole, Las Vegas looks great by comparison!
Dream on. I doubt very much anywhere other than the Hawaiian counties will outscore Clark County. No place in Alaska will get in the top 2000.

San Bernardino scores well below Clark County. As it should...but well above the Midwest...as it should.

Your view appears to be the whole country is basically excrement holes. And yeah you probably do believe that.

Old 08-20-2015, 02:56 PM

635 posts, read 746,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
Wow, it's weird that so many people love danger..
Not really drive by a park and tell me how many people are outside enjoying the danger.

Old 08-20-2015, 02:58 PM

635 posts, read 746,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Dream on. I doubt very much anywhere other than the Hawaiian counties will outscore Clark County. No place in Alaska will get in the top 2000.

San Bernardino scores well below Clark County. As it should...but well above the Midwest...as it should.

Your view appears to be the whole country is basically excrement holes. And yeah you probably do believe that.
You really have to wonder about someone when they believe a county in the middle of the desert is better than all other counties besides ones in Hawaii. I think you have now proven you are so pro-Las Vegas you live in a dream world.

Old 08-20-2015, 03:42 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,816,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LV10101 View Post
You really have to wonder about someone when they believe a county in the middle of the desert is better than all other counties besides ones in Hawaii. I think you have now proven you are so pro-Las Vegas you live in a dream world.
Uhh no. It is the Dept of Agriculture who has a researcher who believes that and points out that it aligns very well with the way in which real people are moving.

And there are a number of places in CA and FL that score better though many are also much more expensive.

Your problem appears to be a lack of knowledge. There are lots of places nicer than LV but few that don't also have other big draw backs like being expensive. I left number 10 to move to number 140 and thought it a reasonable tradeoff. But there is no way I move anywhere east of the Mississippi. There is simply not enough money.

Last edited by lvoc; 08-20-2015 at 04:03 PM..

Old 08-20-2015, 03:57 PM

10,864 posts, read 17,006,314 times
Being expensive isn't a drawback.

Nobody complains when they buy a quality, expensive car; or a quality, expensive house; or own a closet full of quality, expensive clothing.

But when it comes to a place to live, all of a sudden it's all about price. Thanks, no. I'm going to move back to someplace fantastically expensive. That way, everyone else who lives there is either smart enough or resourceful enough to make ends meet. You really cannot put a price on having neighbors like that. Sure, there are screw-ups who live in such areas. But the average resident is far superior to the average Las Vegan. In my home town, we even had a better class of winos.

If America was a living person, Las Vegas would be the silicone implants. If America was a collection of restaurants, Las Vegas would be Golden Corral. If America was a jewelry store, Las Vegas would be a knock-off Rolex.

Old 08-20-2015, 04:33 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,731,276 times
Whiners get old fast.

Leave already, or just shut up. Good lord.

Old 08-20-2015, 04:38 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,556,431 times
California property value and taxes are ridiculous. Only other place I'd probably be interested in living is Portland or Seattle, more expensive than Vegas but not incredibly more.

Old 08-20-2015, 04:42 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,792,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
California property value and taxes are ridiculous. Only other place I'd probably be interested in living is Portland or Seattle, more expensive than Vegas but not incredibly more.
I lived in Bothell, outside Seattle. If you can handle the weather, more power to you! I find myself enjoying 250-300 days of full sun a year vs. 60-80 days per year in Seattle..

Old 08-20-2015, 04:53 PM

1,596 posts, read 2,814,225 times
The Las Vegas climate is important to me. During the Winter it's 20 degrees F warmer than my place 410 miles North of here. And, the air is much less polluted than at my other house too.

My wife and I can live anywhere we choose. And, we chose Salt Lake City and Las Vegas. The two are polar opposites - which makes them that more appealing.

Bill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: