Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 04:55 PM

698 posts, read 991,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
In my home town, we even had a better class of winos.

If America was a living person, Las Vegas would be the silicone implants. If America was a collection of restaurants, Las Vegas would be Golden Corral. If America was a jewelry store, Las Vegas would be a knock-off Rolex.
Must have missed it, what is this home town named? Mine is/was Salt Lake City. You want to talk about awesome street layout, that's a great city. Zero Zero is the temple and everything flows from there. You tell me to meet you at 2300 E and 3300 south I don't even have to breakout the GPS, piece of cake. Other than that, don't really care for the city. Don't get me wrong, it's nice and there's a ton to do there, I enjoy visiting, just not for me so I moved.

Silicone implants, REALLY, you have an issue with implants too? Not all women are naturally blessed, if they want to increase a size or two (not the big balloons) who cares. Can't believe you have issues with implants too . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2015, 05:01 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,583,197 times
posted in a california forum.... "every county in america, ranked by scenery & climate"

ventura county, ca = #1
washoe county, nv = #40
nye county, nv = #126
clark county, nv = #140
red lake county, mn = #3111

no data for alaska or hawaii

Every county in America, ranked by scenery and climate - The Washington Post

Old 08-20-2015, 05:03 PM

10,864 posts, read 17,065,189 times
Silicone implants are a perfect metaphor for Las Vegas -- they don't serve any necessary function, they're expensive and extraneous, and only shallow people (of either sex) want anything to do with them.

Old 08-20-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Silicone implants are a perfect metaphor for Las Vegas -- they don't serve any necessary function, they're expensive and extraneous, and only shallow people (of either sex) want anything to do with them.
Count me in as shallow baby as they're serving a great function for me and worth every dime

Curious, what's your stance on braces, as in orthodontics?

Old 08-20-2015, 05:13 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,822,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qingguy View Post
Count me in as shallow baby as they're serving a great function for me and worth every dime

Curious, what's your stance on braces, as in orthodontics?
Or contacts rather than glasses. Or different styles of clothing. Or hair length, or facial hair, or, or, or..

Old 08-20-2015, 05:13 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,576,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
I lived in Bothell, outside Seattle. If you can handle the weather, more power to you! I find myself enjoying 250-300 days of full sun a year vs. 60-80 days per year in Seattle..
I like rain, as long as the house I'm in is properly weatherproofed.

Old 08-20-2015, 05:15 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,822,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
I like rain, as long as the house I'm in is properly weatherproofed.
Right on! See? A differing opinion is a wonderful thing if it suits you. Although, the usual Negative Nellies will insist that, since they prefer rain, the sun is HORRIBLE, and anyone who likes son is absolutely an idiot and beneath them

Old 08-20-2015, 05:19 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,576,189 times
Well Scoop is jaded because he has to deal with all the deadbeat tenants. If he just lived in Summerlin and did his chef job he'd probably be much happier.

Old 08-20-2015, 05:24 PM

10,864 posts, read 17,065,189 times
Summerlin is my least-favorite part of this city. Take all the ethnic variety away from Las Vegas, make it as dog-crap boring as possible, and fill it with the smarmiest, shallowest people in the country. That's Summerlin.

Every day I wake up, look out at the Las Vegas valley, and give thanks that at least I don't live in Summerlin.

Old 08-20-2015, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Summerlin is my least-favorite part of this city. Take all the ethnic variety away from Las Vegas, make it as dog-crap boring as possible, and fill it with the smarmiest, shallowest people in the country. That's Summerlin.

Every day I wake up, look out at the Las Vegas valley, and give thanks that at least I don't live in Summerlin.
There's also a lot of silicone out there . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: