Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 06:46 PM

550 posts, read 641,824 times

Advertisements

Well, cooler by SW desert standards, anyway! I tell you, it really does make a difference in the sweatiness factor, when you back away from 100+ degree days if only by a little bit.

So I wanted to post this link to Clark County's page and app that helps you to get outdoors and explore. It's a map-app that you can personalize and it will indicate whether or not a trail is "Easy, Moderate, Hard or Strenuous". Not too shabby. I know that both new people and not so new people, find that this Valley doesn't make itself easily known and that can be frustrating to the point that people want to leave. So I will be trying to add apps, links, and events to this thread, as I find them, so that the Fall can be welcomed in!

I'm so over sweating, so bring on the window opening season!

Neon to Nature - Get Moving - Southern Nevada Health District
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 06:47 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,170,643 times
It was 82, this morning, when I left for work. It was almost chilly. Lol.

I will enjoy the fall weather, but I dread the month of winter.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:04 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,053,163 times
"The month"....ha! I wish my winter was only a month! I HATE cold!!!! And I hate snow, ice and rain just as much!!!

Old 09-03-2015, 07:05 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,170,643 times
Last year, it was a month. lol

3,475 posts, read 3,307,041 times
Isn't the Spring Preserve free admission day coming up? I remember someone mentioning on here that it's usually in the fall with the cooler weather like in October.

This organization encourages people to get outdoor and post the pictures on many local parks, their address and what amenities they have. They also post cool stuff, like a class on Learning about the Ecology of Mt. Charleston. It's an event happening on September 26th at the Centennial Hills Library from 3-5pm. It will be led by an Officer from the Nevada Division of Forestry.

You have to call to reserve your spot. 702-507-6108

https://www.facebook.com/outsidelasv...type=1&theater

*Hopefully this link works...

Old 09-03-2015, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
Isn't the Spring Preserve free admission day coming up? I remember someone mentioning on here that it's usually in the fall with the cooler weather like in October.
Yes, I believe you get in on the 1st Saturday of every month, as long as you have some kind of Bank of America card.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:11 PM

Sunset Park is hosting a GET OUTDOORS NEVADA DAY. Saturday, October 24th from 9am-2pm. Here is the flyer with the details.

Come to Southern Nevada's Biggest Outdoor Celebration!

Get Outdoors Nevada Day will be on October 24th at Sunset Park from 9AM-2PM! Come Enjoy, Value, and Protect Southern Nevada's Outdoor Playground.

Get Outdoors Nevada Day - GET OUTDOORS NEVADA

Old 09-03-2015, 07:17 PM

This is an organization that I 1st became aware of, at the yearly The Las Vegas Science and Technology Festival, which by the way is huge, fun and fantastic for the family (takes place in the Spring).

At one time (not sure if they still offer this) they were even offering CCSD schools free transportation to get to outdoor field trips! I think that's a pretty big deal. Anyway, this is their web page and their Facebook page

Outside Las Vegas Foundation

https://www.facebook.com/outsidelasvegas?fref=nf

Old 09-03-2015, 08:06 PM

Here are a few event that are happening outdoors, at the Henderson Pavillion, including outdoor movies, Swan Lake ballet, Henderson Symphony Orchestra, and a music festival. Tickets are very inexpensive. In fact, I'm not even sure how they cover their cost! I plan on taking my girls and my Mother to Swan Lake. Great inexpensive way to inject a little culture into their young lives!

Concerts

Other Henderson outdoor activities

http://cityofhenderson.com/henderson...special-events

Last edited by momofvegasgirls; 09-03-2015 at 08:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas