Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 06:20 AM

10,864 posts, read 17,065,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellymdnv View Post
Possibly but don't forget to factor in having to carry everything back, which may not be easy on a bus.
How much alcohol do you think OP is going to consume on vacation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2015, 01:28 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,669,932 times
A lot (from reading her other posts)

Jonathan

Old 09-14-2015, 01:51 PM

488 posts, read 863,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
A lot (from reading her other posts)

Jonathan
My other posts reference my drinking? I honestly don't think I've ever mentioned it at all. Ever. You must have me confused with someone else.

However, one of the few things I enjoy about Vegas is the freedom to indulge. I'm usually everyone's DD, so going to a place where I won't be doing any driving, and that has zero restrictions on when and where you can drink, means if I want to start the day with a Bloody Mary and keep a low level buzz until I go to sleep, I can.

But to answer the None-Of-Your-Business question anyway, I was going to buy two bottles. LOL

Old 09-14-2015, 02:04 PM

2,193 posts, read 1,843,441 times
My comment about having to carry everything back wasn't about just alcohol but about the possibility of having to also carry back other items like mixers, water and snacks.

Old 09-14-2015, 03:21 PM

To try to sum up for RubyJune -- it's just not worth it to take a bus/cab/one-day-rental car to a less-expensive off-Strip liquor store.

The money you save on vodka will be spent (many times, in some cases) on cab fare/bus fare/rental charges. Just go to one of the Las Vegas Boulevard stores and deal with the tourist screwage.

Getting decent bloody mary mix might be a big problem though. I cannot imagine that any of the LV Blvd places sell acceptable bloody mary mix. That's hard to find even at good stores.

Old 09-14-2015, 11:33 PM

775 posts, read 781,780 times
The good Bloody Mary mix might be worth bringing with you!

Old 10-11-2015, 08:39 PM

33 posts, read 33,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
rent a car for a day - go off strip into spring valley (make a left at the bellagio onto west flamingo) there is a lee's liquor off w flamingo and rainbow -- you will save more money renting a car and buying there, then buying at ABC or any place near the strip.

Jonathan
Don't rent a car. Just take an Uber. They just don't pickup at the airport, but they are everywhere else.

Old 10-12-2015, 11:39 AM

1,558 posts, read 4,800,020 times
I am amazed by this thread and the efforts one will go to save a few bucks on alcohol while visiting Las Vegas.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalbo View Post
I am amazed by this thread and the efforts one will go to save a few bucks on alcohol while visiting Las Vegas.
I'm not at all amazed. I think this is to be expected.

Las Vegas appeals to a certain kind of person. I've given up trying to understand what makes such people tick.

Old 10-12-2015, 02:42 PM

698 posts, read 991,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalbo View Post
Agreed. At first I thought OP might be hosting a party or something in a suite which if you're stocking a bar with standard bar inventory going off strip to purchase could easily save a few hundred dollars including mixers. But a couple of bottles? How much could one save, $20, maybe $40? Hardly seems worth the hassle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellymdnv View Post
I've carried bottles of liquor in my checked bag and have never had one break on me. The safest thing to do is wrap in in bubble wrap and put it in a large ziplock bag, double bag it if possible. I have also just wrapped it in some clothes and it's been OK. Just make sure to weigh your bag because the bottle could easily add several pounds and put you over the limit.
OP since it's two bottles this is what I'd do and I do it all the time with wine. I don't even wrap in bubble wrap or a zip-lock bag. I simply wrap in a t-shirt and make sure the bottle is surrounded by other clothes, literally adds 2 minutes to my packing and I've yet to have a bottle break.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas