Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 02:58 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,786,425 times

Advertisements

Burglaries happen in most neighborhoods. One of the best defenses is neighbors who look out for each other. Fortunate in my area we know who belongs and who doesn't. It also helps a a few homes have people home all day keeping "watch" as that is when most break-ins happen. With that said I too am considering a security camera system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2015, 03:13 PM

204 posts, read 319,137 times
Have good insurance, low deductible, pics of you items.....and just assume it's a matter of time.

Old 10-21-2015, 03:18 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,032,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
Doesn't stop people from breaking in, just may help them to get caught..
Ring notifies my cell phone so I can see who is there. Then I can turn on all or some of the interior lights using Orchestrated MobiLinc. If anyone sees the lights come on and still wants to break in, then I am glad I am not home.

Old 10-21-2015, 03:57 PM

95 posts, read 161,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
If you find it frightening, then you probably shouldn't live here at all.

Red Rock Country Club, Spanish Hills, and Spanish Trails all seem to have fewer burglaries.

I'd offer advice about what to avoid when looking for a home if burglaries are a concern, but you don't seem like a rational person, so I'd probably be wasting my time.
Well, your username seems to describe your personality affirmatively.

Old 10-21-2015, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Compared to where? What are the levels in other areas, including comparable areas in other cities? Unless you can answer this, you're overreacting to raw numbers that you really don't know the impact of.
I am referring strictly to burglaries because I leave my residences vacant for several months a year and worry about breakins while I'm gone. I live in several places during different periods of the year and although each city I live in have very high incidents of crime, I can find specific buildings, communities or suburbs close by that have close to 0 number of burglaries. For example, in NYC crime is high but I live in a building with doormen so there are no burglaries in my building. In L.A. I live deep in the Valley in a non-gated community with no security in Calabasas but there are no burglaries within 10 blocks. In Chicago, I live in the far flung suburb of Lake Forest where there is virtually no crime.

I'm trying to ask locals for any helpful ideas of where exactly in Henderson or Vegas there exists a place, because if I can find it in crime ridden Chicago area and NYC, maybe there's a chance of finding a place here.

Last edited by dgermaine; 10-21-2015 at 04:05 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-21-2015, 04:15 PM

Does anyone have any helpful information on specific communities that are safer? Or is this thread going to just be filled with snarky attitudes from people who contribute 0 helpful information?

Old 10-21-2015, 04:29 PM

10,864 posts, read 17,001,725 times
The latter.

Old 10-21-2015, 04:34 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,032,620 times
Southern Highlands near the golf course is very safe. The gates are guarded 24/7 and there is a roving security patrol.

Old 10-21-2015, 04:39 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,788,256 times
Scoop were you a comedian in a former life?

Old 10-21-2015, 04:51 PM

10,864 posts, read 17,001,725 times
I just don't suffer fools gladly. If this person has the assets he or she claims, with multiple properties in tony Lake Forest and Calabasas, then it would be no problem whatsoever to call a real estate agent (who will DROP EVERYTHING to meet such a big shot and act as a guide and chauffeur), and check out MacDonald Highlands, Spanish Trail, Tomiyasu Lane and similar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: