Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 10:41 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,117,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
I talk to the Police on a regular basis courtesy of the low class tenants that are my neighbors.
I don't put up with it so I call the cops all the time, many show empathy to what I go through with my neighbors while others just don't want to deal with it and yes they know my neighbors are losers.

And yet, in another thread you were singing the praises of your neighborhood.. So which is it? Is your neighborhood glorious like you said before, or is it demonstrably a crap hole like me and everyone else said?

I honestly can not understand how any person capable of thinking is afraid of guns in America. There are literally enough guns in this country for every single person and then some. Last year, we had 8,000 gun deaths. That includes homicides, suicides, accidents, and justified shootings. 8,000 out of 300,000,000
The FDA allows a larger percentage of bugs in your candy bars than that.
Actual random homicide is extremely rare. You're more likely to be killed by an animal than a gun.
Most gun murder is gang and drug related. Legalize drugs and homicide will drop to nothing.
It's absurd to be frightened of this.

Here are some things to actually be scared of.
Automobile wrecks. 40,000 killed last year. 5 million wrecks. 3 million injuries.
Medical malpractice. 440,000 dead in 2013.
Prescription overdose, 22,000 in 2013.
Heart disease 600,000 deaths a year.
Suicide. 42,000 people off themselves a year. You're 5 times more likely to die of suicide than gun homicide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 10:58 AM

15,849 posts, read 14,479,382 times
^
Your numbers are a little off. Last year, from what I can find, there were 13,286 killed by guns. That may not include suicides.

Guns in the US: The statistics behind the violence - BBC News

Old 03-03-2016, 11:00 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,117,601 times
No, they're not.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...#disablemobile

Old 03-03-2016, 11:05 AM

206 posts, read 182,995 times
I don't think any posters are saying they're scared. I think more that citizens are sick of criminals.

Old 03-03-2016, 11:09 AM

4 posts, read 2,819 times
The real reason for crime increases all over the country and in Vegas is because so called economic recovery is not real. What we have witnessed since 2009 is just a massive theft of public money, taxpayers money.

Inflating housing and real estate prices alone is not a recovery, it's a scam. Any honest real estate professional would tell you that recovery in prices only is not a real recovery. Be reminded that homeownership rate is around all time low today. Americans can't afford housing anymore in their own country. Most of them need Food Stamps to be able to get food on the table because half of the monthly earnings is going towards rents and mortgage payments. Higher rents and higher housing prices are never good for our economy.

Inflating stocks with stolen taxpayers money is not a recovery, it's a scam and massive theft of public money.

Middle class has been destroyed, poor and responsible savers have been slaughtered and the rich have never been richer. Recovery is a illusion and one big fat lie.

Crime will get much worse before it gets any better. We will need to go thru hell and economic depression first in order to return to real economic growth. That means a lot of pain and suffering is waiting for us. That is what happens when you live in denial, when you think lower and lower interest rates will bring us prosperity and growth. It was all a lie and illusion.

We may have a civil war in this country very soon. Keep living in denial and think that economic recovery is real, it's not. It was just a massive theft of public money in order to buy extra few years and try to save the banks and Wall Street crooks.

This party is ending and we need to pay the piper. Piper needs to be paid!!!!!!
Good Luck.

Old 03-03-2016, 12:49 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
More nonsense. The crime spike is quite common and present apparently in SD as well...

Crime Rates Spike in San Diego | NBC 7 San Diego
Did you watch it? First off it says the murder rate went up a whopping 5, that's five total. Then says 80% of the 7.9 increase in crime was theft. It also says that it's still the lowest since the 60s.

It's fell almost every year until last. If it were to go to zero and back up to 9% would you report it as a massive spike? No, it would be more back to a normal run rate, aka average over years.

Safe county? San Diego violent crime rate hits 35-year low - 10News.com KGTV ABC10 San Diego

Old 03-03-2016, 12:55 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Did you watch it? First off it says the murder rate went up a whopping 5, that's five total. Then says 80% of the 7.9 increase in crime was theft. It also says that it's still the lowest since the 60s.

It's fell almost every year until last. If it were to go to zero and back up to 9% would you report it as a massive spike? No, it would be more back to a normal run rate, aka average over years.

Safe county? San Diego violent crime rate hits 35-year low - 10News.com KGTV ABC10 San Diego
And LV has been at something close to its 30 year low for the last couple of years.

You folk are pushing what appears to be a US wide thing as if it was LV only. It is not.

Old 03-03-2016, 01:27 PM

4 posts, read 2,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
And LV has been at something close to its 30 year low for the last couple of years.

You folk are pushing what appears to be a US wide thing as if it was LV only. It is not.
Las Vegas is a city on steroids and as soon as this false and fake economy implodes Vegas is going to be a true War Zone.

Yes, crime is going up all over the country, but in Las Vegas crime is exploding, in Las Vegas criminals are everywhere and those criminals are arriving daily. You see criminals and the poor can't afford to live and can't make it anymore in San Diego, L.A. San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Denver. They are all moving to desert cities like Vegas, Phoenix and Inland Empire.

On top of new arrivals you have a local population in Vegas that is barely educated, most jobs are part time low paying jobs or service jobs, housing has been inflated again, overall a recipe for disaster!!!!!

Good Luck!!!

Old 03-03-2016, 01:53 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkop View Post
Las Vegas is a city on steroids and as soon as this false and fake economy implodes Vegas is going to be a true War Zone.

Yes, crime is going up all over the country, but in Las Vegas crime is exploding, in Las Vegas criminals are everywhere and those criminals are arriving daily. You see criminals and the poor can't afford to live and can't make it anymore in San Diego, L.A. San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Denver. They are all moving to desert cities like Vegas, Phoenix and Inland Empire.

On top of new arrivals you have a local population in Vegas that is barely educated, most jobs are part time low paying jobs or service jobs, housing has been inflated again, overall a recipe for disaster!!!!!

Good Luck!!!
Yep, gentrification on a grand scale. The poor can't even afford what's left of the hood in Western Cities.

Old 03-03-2016, 02:28 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,421,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
That is murder victims only. Not accidental or suicide. I believe suicide by gun deaths are in the 20,000 range typically. Not sure about the accidental death numbers.

Also those are 2014 numbers, not last year.

Last edited by C_A_Braun; 03-03-2016 at 02:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas