Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2009, 07:14 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,285,615 times

Advertisements

After the Obama moratorium on foreclosures went bust I heard all these homes were going to kind of flood onto the market, when does any of that happen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 07:28 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,004,431 times
tomorrow.. 3pm vegas time

Old 05-26-2009, 07:47 PM

424 posts, read 953,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
Here's a good link- las vegas 2nd wave of foreclosures hitting this year - prediction 27% decline in prices.
Nevada Housing, Las Vegas, Reno, Lake Tahoe, Carson City

I read these guys now and then and they are pretty accurate.
As much as I would like to believe we are close to the bottom, I think this article is probably closer to reality than some want to believe on this forum. There are lots of shorts that will eventually turn into foreclosures and the banks can continue to put a few out at a time but there will still be many, many homes available to buy. Obviously, with lots of inventoy will keep the prices low and probably heading lower. I don't think down another 27% though.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:49 PM

do i think we are close to the bottom meaning the end of the foreclosures, no way.. as for price, i think the lower end (150 and under) is very close if not at the bottom.. the higher stuff and certain areas (mountains edge) i think will still fall

Old 05-26-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
do i think we are close to the bottom meaning the end of the foreclosures, no way.. as for price, i think the lower end (150 and under) is very close if not at the bottom.. the higher stuff and certain areas (mountains edge) i think will still fall
Why do you think we are close to the bottom with the price range up to $150K? There are still plenty of homes including that price point that are currently shorts and will eventually turn into foreclosures. I don't think another 27% lower though. As for the more expensive homes say above $500k, this will become very interesting......just how long can banks keep them on the books? I doubt they are seeing multiple offers!

Old 05-26-2009, 08:43 PM

i just don't see the 200k homes (in 06) being 50k....this is just so weird. the banks caused this so who knows.. pretty soon you'll be able to buy a house in cleveland or detroit for 10k.... oh wait you already can

Old 05-26-2009, 08:44 PM

762 posts, read 1,562,936 times
does anyone ever trust their gut feeling? LOL
I had a feeling and bought a home March 17th. I think it was gas that I was feeling now.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skisickie View Post
does anyone ever trust their gut feeling? LOL
I had a feeling and bought a home March 17th. I think it was gas that I was feeling now.
At least you already bought something. I'm still trying!

Old 05-26-2009, 09:14 PM

762 posts, read 1,562,936 times
I really do love my home, the neighbors, the space etc. I am just kidding about my gut feeling btw. I watch the market for a living.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:01 PM

47 posts, read 93,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtbguy View Post
Why do you think we are close to the bottom with the price range up to $150K? There are still plenty of homes including that price point that are currently shorts and will eventually turn into foreclosures. I don't think another 27% lower though. As for the more expensive homes say above $500k, this will become very interesting......just how long can banks keep them on the books? I doubt they are seeing multiple offers!
I agree that it's premature to say a bottom has been reached in any price tier. There are still a number of outside factors to consider that really have not played out yet.

As an example, take today's WSJ article about the bond market and rising yields.

Rise in Rates Jolts Markets

"Treasury yields and mortgage rates surged Wednesday to their highest levels since November, dealing a blow to the Federal Reserve's efforts to stimulate the economy by keeping borrowing costs low."

IMHO, it's still anyone’s guess how the TRILLIONS in borrowing will affect the economy. If interest rates rise significantly down the line, I just don't see prices going back up to what some may expect...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas