Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2009, 09:34 AM

255 posts, read 557,132 times

Advertisements

No man that's backwards. Let her diddle the bank agent and u get the property for cheap. Only in America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 10:13 AM

424 posts, read 953,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpachigo View Post
There are some shenanigans going on behind the scenes that we can't see but may get glimpses into. Others seem downright creepy as I have heard stories from realtors, maybe true or not true, of sex between bank agents and realtors so that they can list the bank's properties and clients of said realtors obviously are in a better position to close a sale.
Any female agent that has this kind of influence over bank agents, please email me directly and I will give you business on two houses. I'm a cash buyer frustrated with the process and now I know why.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:27 AM

255 posts, read 557,132 times
I will if I find something like this to actually be true. Again, I wouldn't be surprised but I have not found HARD evidence of it just yet.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpachigo View Post
I will if I find something like this to actually be true. Again, I wouldn't be surprised but I have not found HARD evidence of it just yet.
I'm sure you won't find hard evidence of that. It just kind of "happens" in the background. Remember business is business.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:30 AM

385 posts, read 1,261,244 times
And look how bad most of the insiders got burned....Hey, if the homes were that great, the realtors would buy them, and get their own comission--but most of the realtors don't have very much money, either.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseplayer View Post
And look how bad most of the insiders got burned....Hey, if the homes were that great, the realtors would buy them, and get their own comission--but most of the realtors don't have very much money, either.
I don't think they get burned. If an agent has it in with the decision makers and you as a buyer, happens to be working with this agent guess what? Your cash deal gets accepted before anybody elses is even considered and everybody is happy in the end. Seems straight forward to me.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:29 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,215,465 times
Here is a live one from another segment of the market. One acre in the NW...3500SF, 3 Bedroom, 3.5 baths REO. Needs carpet and some aspects a little dated but livable now listed around $385,000 yesterday. Made an offer today at $415,000. Now multiple offers...more than three.

Think we will get it? Admiral says no. I said 50-50.

Vote now....

Old 05-22-2009, 06:49 PM

Default Turning around?

An observation from the prior post. When we worked up the comps on this one we clearly had a rising price situation. First time in a long time in that arena. I don't know if it is general yet but I will probably work up a blog page on it.

I was working a relatively narrow segment. Basically the "Rural" areas of 89129 and 89149. That is all half acre zoned and I looked at houses with 3000 to 4000 SF and swimming pools. About 40 places in a one year sample.

Pretty unequivocal though...since December it has bottomed and started up. About 2/3 REO...

Old 05-23-2009, 12:02 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,633,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
An observation from the prior post. When we worked up the comps on this one we clearly had a rising price situation. First time in a long time in that arena. I don't know if it is general yet but I will probably work up a blog page on it.

I was working a relatively narrow segment. Basically the "Rural" areas of 89129 and 89149. That is all half acre zoned and I looked at houses with 3000 to 4000 SF and swimming pools. About 40 places in a one year sample.

Pretty unequivocal though...since December it has bottomed and started up. About 2/3 REO...
Without saying it directly, your post implies that the upward trend will continue. After all, if you meant to say that the market is pricing upward for the moment, but that is unlikely to continue, you would have stated those exact words, correct? Or are you being purposefully vague(which is preposterous for a number of reasons)?

Bottom line is ......how do you address the very large number of NOD's that were issued in March and April after the moratorium was lifted?

Old 05-23-2009, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
Without saying it directly, your post implies that the upward trend will continue. After all, if you meant to say that the market is pricing upward for the moment, but that is unlikely to continue, you would have stated those exact words, correct? Or are you being purposefully vague(which is preposterous for a number of reasons)?

Bottom line is ......how do you address the very large number of NOD's that were issued in March and April after the moratorium was lifted?
See my blog page which is tracking the actual inventory of REOs....

I have also noted that it appears Suin City Summerlin and 89134 are also increasing.

All of these are areas with very limited foreclosure impact.

I also noted that the latest data on Mountain Edge is still dropping like a rock off a cliff.

What do I think is happening? - Some neighborhoods may have stabilized on price while others continue down. Is it turning around? Don't know too soon...Is it just a limited "dead cat bounce"? Could be...we will see over the next quarter.

I have said it elsewhere...doomers are as bad as NAR when it comes to reality....just in the other direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas